Forums Latest Members

SOLD Orfina Chronograph with Landeron Movement, 1950’s

1. sxl2004 May 5, 2017

For your consideration, a stunning Orfina chronograph with Landeron movement.

Orfina is a watch company founded 1922 and got famous for its collaboration with Porsche design. Landeon produced affordable, yet reliable, of chronograph movements in the 1940 and 1950’s.

The watch is a yellow gold plated stainless steel Orfina chronograph with a white dial, a 30-min counter, and tachymeter as well as telemeter scales in blue and red respectively. The triangular markers are golden as are the hands. Overall it combines to a rather handsome package. The acrylic crystal is domed and sports just a few light scratches. The crown and the rectangular pushers show sign of use. The dial has one spot close to the center towards the 2 o’clock position which is not that noticeable. The stainless-steel case back has light scratches from use and shows a reference number. The case back is snap on. The watch comes on a new genuine leather strap. The movement is from Landeron, as can be seen by the 4 o’clock pusher stopping and resetting the chronograph. The watch just got a E150 complete service and runs very well with all functions working as they should. Due to the service, I do not want to open the back because my Uhrmacher Meister likes them tight and well-sealed. So, no movement pics ;-(.

The watch is 46.6mm lug to lug, 35.5mm width without crown and 37.5mm with crown and 12.2mm high.

No box or papers are included

I am asking $700 for the watch

PayPal and bank transfers are accepted. Please add 3% fees for PayPal payments. Shipping & handling is included for CONUS and added for all other countries. Shipping is fully insured and of course the correct value will be used for custom purposes. If PayPal is used, I will ship only to verified addresses. I prefer to ship directly to the buyer, if other arrangements are made I will not be responsible after dropping off the shipment.

I have bought a few watches here on OF and I can provide you with feedback from EBay and Etsy if requested. The buyer may share feedback ratings on request.

Returns will not be accepted unless the watch is grossly different from the description. Please ask relevant questions before you commit to buying. After all, these are vintage watches.

Unfortunately, I am not a watchmaker and therefore cannot guarantee the future performance or water resistance of the watch. I do however try to describe the watch as accurately as possible. I wish this transaction to be win/win and I will do everything to make it so.

Thanks for your interest and to OF for the space and opportunity to post this FS ad. 2IMG_2142.JPG 3.JPG IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2112.JPG IMG_2113.JPG IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2148.JPG IMG_2152.JPG

Edited May 8, 2017
    Lonestar likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 5, 2017

Is there a reason it has tritium indicators ( T SWISS MADE T ) but no obvious tritium on the hands or dial?
    It appears to be normal for this model so your watch isn't an isolated case.

3. sxl2004 May 5, 2017

I was wondering the same, and the only thing I could think of is that the triangular markers have round cut outs where maybe tritium lume could have been applied by watchmakers. This would be similar to the Gallet dials, where when you look closely, have their lume probably applied after sales as the lume looks very inconsistent and handmade. But it is only conjecture.

4. sxl2004 May 8, 2017

Bump

5. sxl2004 May 12, 2017

Weekend bump

6. sxl2004 May 25, 2017

Please use the Best Offer Button