Forums Latest Members

Ordering new Speedmaster bracelet?

1. Derwreck12 Feb 15, 2021

Hey gang... I think the new speedy bracelets are stunning... wondering if I can order one for my older moonwatch? Will they do that at the AD? Thanks in advance!

naam likes this.
  2. sleepyastronaut Feb 15, 2021

Welcome to the forum! If you're planning on sticking around, please set an avatar.

3. gnuyork Feb 15, 2021

I think an AD may accommodate you, if not try your nearest Omega Boutique. From what I understand, it will fit on the 1861, not 100% perfectly, but close enough for some people.

naam likes this.
  4. Tekashi_145.022 Feb 16, 2021

Not sure if they’ll do it, but wanted to add that I can confirm they’ll fit. I have a 145.022 with a 2020 Olympic Speedmaster bracelet on it. I recommend using new spring bars for the newer bracelet to ensure the end links don’t wiggle.

Also, many older Speedys have refinished cases. Some may have been over-polished over decades of services, like my 145.022 was (it was 30+ years old when I found it - deal of a lifetime). As a result, my Speedy has small 1-2mm gaps between the lugs and its new bracelet that it doesn’t have on its era-appropriate bracelet. It’s not very noticeable, but figured it was worth a mention :)

naam likes this.
  5. naam Feb 16, 2021

I’m very interested in getting a new speedy bracelet!