Forums Latest Members
  1. adam9000 Jun 22, 2015

Hi Omega Forums. I recently came across the forum and have been reading trying to learn as much as I can. I was watching this 165.002 on ebay and it sold for only $167. The watch is rough. The crystal has a crack and the crown is not original. What's people's opinions when it comes to watches like these? Does it make sense to buy a watch in that condition and have it service? Here's the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/391171779011Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 22, 2015

Depends on what you would like to do collect or just to wear. Sometimes it is better to hold out and buy something original from a reputable source that is in better condition.
    Anything you buy without a service history will need a service. When you have to look for parts also ie, buy a even cheaper watch not working for parts ,gold cap starting to wear out another case needed.

Watch you linked to me would be a movement and dial ( not that pictures of dial is that clear) watch...But I would not buy as this would not be a project watch for me.

Others with some tinkering experience may have a different view

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 22, 2015

This one is really for parts only, considering this it would not be a bargain at the sale price.