Forums Latest Members
  1. Matt-C Jun 2, 2013

Hi

While taking a walk around my town centre yesterday I came across these two used Omega's, one in a AD and one in a jewelers. Can you comment on them regards asking price, collect-ability, reliability etc. I know the pictures are quite poor and I didn't ask any more information about them other than taking these couple of shots. I know very little about the 'Speedmaster range'. Hence not sure if its worth getting into a conversation about them.
    Thanks
    Matt
    photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 2, 2013

Personally I wouldn't bother with the automatics. As has been discussed in other threads, the movements aren't particularly interesting from a collecting point of view & there are lots of other Speedmaster versions that are more deserving of your money.

If you want a daily wearer they are perfectly good watches & lots of people are very happy with them. On the other hand, if you are looking at them as possible collectibles then keep walking ;)

Rjd1 likes this.
  3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 2, 2013

And the price is at least 30% too high.....

Rjd1 likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Jun 2, 2013

The second watch has a Valjoux 7751 inside. Nice, solid movement. It would sell for $1500 / £1000 up to $2000 / £1325 in the real world. In the fanstasy world that dealer lives in it might very well be a decent price.

Rjd1 likes this.
  5. Rjd1 Jun 2, 2013

Totally agree with you.

6. Matt-C Jun 2, 2013

Thanks guys, I'll keep looking for a nice 3570.50:)

Privateday7 likes this.
  7. theconsultant Jun 6, 2013

As a collector/dealer myself, it may pay you to look further afield. I have found that watches in the Far East to be much cheaper than anywhere else in the world. If you can find yourself a good honest dealer overseas, you can get watches such as the one pictured for around £900. I saw a MOP dialed one with pink numerals at £1100 and also had the textured centre links on the bracelet, boxed with cards.
    They are a lovely looking watch and do a great job, but unless they are very very cheap, then I tend to stay away as not enough profit in them.
    The limited edition ones, may fetch a premium in the future, who knows, they're stagnant at the minute though and as shown, can be bought fairly cheaply.
    If your adamant on owning one, go for the £1695 model and slap £1500 in front of him - I am sure he will not turn it down!