Forums Latest Members
  1. Amadeus Nov 16, 2016

Greetings from a fellow Omega fan, I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this vintage Omega dial that my grandfather has owned for quite some time now:
    From what I've gathered this is a dial for a Omega Chronograph Cal. 320, but I couldn't find any other like this online, in the back of the dial you can read the mark of the maker: "Lemrich Suisse" followed by a serial number:

[​IMG]
    Back side:
    [​IMG]

I'd like to know more information about this dial, and this is just a thought at the moment, but I also would like to know the estimated value of it.

2. ConElPueblo Nov 17, 2016

The curse of reading all the old posts on the Vintage Omega Forum is that you always have a nagging feeling that you've seen most of the posted stuff before...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/waddawegot-cal-33-3-chrono.3991/

Take a look at the above thread to get to know a bit more about the dial, but be aware that the info is probably not 1:1 regarding your specimen; it might have come in a different case, it probably wasn't sold in Portugal, etc.

Amadeus and GuiltyBoomerang like this.
  3. ConElPueblo Nov 17, 2016

4. mac_omega Nov 17, 2016

but as Mike @MSNWatch said: condition, condition, condition...

GuiltyBoomerang and ConElPueblo like this.
  5. Amadeus Nov 17, 2016

Thank you guys for the info, that indeed seems to be the same dial as the one I have, only that mine belongs to a cal 320 (I tried it on a 33.3 movement and it didn't fit).

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 18, 2016

It's definitely not for a 33.3 - you can tell immediately because the subdials are closer to the center compared to the 33.3 dials where they are significantly more peripheral.

The value is hurt for this dial because of the condition as pointed out by @mac_omega but also because it is for the early pre-320 movements and the design is correct only for a small number of chronographs - this dial would be wrong for the vast majority of CH27 and 320 watches.

Amadeus likes this.
  7. Amadeus Nov 18, 2016

Yes, unfortunately the condition isn't exactly good, but I still think it's an interesting piece for vintage collectors. In any case if you guys had to give a ballpark number on the value what would it be?