Forums Latest Members
  1. siguzzi Oct 28, 2017

2. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 28, 2017

I saw this one too this morning and I think the case has been refinished. And not by an expert ....

If you take a look at this post by @stefan and compare it to the watch in your post it becomes quite obvious.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-nos-thread.7352/page-5#post-115526

Stay clear of this one. Good one's are out there ... (maybe not as nice as Stefans ;). )

Cheers,

Max

Edit: That the seller claims that the case has never been touched or refinished is an outright lie in my opinion and very bad form by the seller.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. siguzzi Oct 29, 2017

Thank's for your reply Max. It confirmed my suspicion.
    To refinish a sunburst case is for an watch expert no problem. The case of Stefan's watch has a radial finish not a sunburst. Sorry for my English but I know the right name for this kind of surface treatment only in German, there it is lapidieren. My Mark II got a refinish of it's case. And you can also see that there is some material got lost at the case.
    But the difference in height between the glass surface and the case is still very low IMG-20160226-WA0006.jpg

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  4. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 29, 2017

Hi!

Very nice mkII of yours!

Wether or not it's radial or sunburst, Stefans watch is new old stock, so that's how they left the factory.

Can you explain the difference between radial and sunburst for me? If you don't know the correct words don't worry, just write them in German, i'm from Frankfurt ;).

Back to the eBay watch, the refinishing job is just sloppy. Your watch looks ten times better!
    Not only the difference in missing material between the crystal and the case but look at the case lines between the brushed and polished surfaces:

IMG_3044.PNG IMG_3045.PNG

IMG_3046.PNG

::facepalm1:: ::puke::

Cheers,

Max

5. siguzzi Oct 29, 2017

You got what I wanted to show:thumbsup:
    The side of mine looks a little bit better

IMG-20160226-WA0002.jpg
    Speedmasterfan88 likes this.