Forums Latest Members
  1. Adaugaard Jul 23, 2013

This is the next one that I'll be putting up for sale image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg but I'd like some feedback/opinions so I know better what I'm looking at and can price accordingly. it's not in the best shape. The crystal is not original. The crown is not an Omega crown. The screw back doesn't have the Seamaster logo on the outside but does have the Omega inscriptions on the back...so does that mean it's also not original?
    The bracelet is interesting to me. My watchmaker pal said it was from the 50's, not original to this case though. I haven't seen this type of stretchy bracelet too often in my Ebay browsing.
    Thoughts? What do you think a reasonable valuation would be?

2. Adaugaard Jul 23, 2013

Here's the ref no. 165.041 and the movement s/n 18801915.
    I was hoping to get $250.
    Too optimistic?

3. ulackfocus Jul 23, 2013

Might be a bit high. It's an old redial on top of the condition. 18 million equates to 1961. That bracelet isn't really that valuable - maybe $50? I could be wrong so wait for more opinions.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 23, 2013

Actually a Geneve with an incorrectly and very poorly refinished dial.

Not a popular model, especially with the dial and not a popular bracelet.

Most likely would be bought for parts scavenging.

Put it on eBay for .99 and see where it goes.

5. Adaugaard Jul 23, 2013

Thanks! You've both been very helpful. I figured as much and plan on auctioning on Ebay for whatever I can get for it.

6. Adaugaard Jul 23, 2013

In comparison this is one that i have that I'm sure has also been redialed, but to a much nicer degree. I know most collectors arent fans of redials, but if i put a nice leather band on this and switch out that huge omega crown to one that actually matches the watch i think this would be a really nice watch. If done well how does a redial effect the value? And if u dont mind my asking how would you value this watch? Thanks.
    image.jpg

7. 124watchfan Jul 23, 2013

There is an eBay seller making a living on watches with very good redials. This however IMO is not a very good redial and still in rough shape. Maybe a $200 watch in present condition.

8. Adaugaard Jul 23, 2013

What qualifies this as a bad redial? Just so i know what to look for in the future? Thanks.

9. 124watchfan Jul 24, 2013

The script is too black. It's much fainter on original print. Also, the dial paint looks poorly applied and the minute tracks don't all properly align.

10. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 24, 2013

In my experience, a good re-dial will knock about 40% off the value of the watch, but you will always find someone on eBay willing to pay more. Advertise it as a "probable re-dial" and the buyer won't have any comeback.

As a parts watch, the first one would be worth £100 ($150) to me, if I were looking for one, provided that the balance was OK. There are a lot of parts in the 562 that are interchangeable with other 5xx, 6xx, 7xx models.

Adaugaard likes this.