Forums Latest Members
  1. Retromlc Dec 11, 2017

ive gone round the houses for a couple of years after a watch and went for a Railmaster,but still want a speedmaster,I have looked at various ltd edition models but there are so many that it seems like a marketing ploy,so then looking at a sub 5 year old professional or vintage,I have the opportunity to purchase the watch in the pictures,it looks to be correct except possibly all the hands look a bit to white to be original,what do you think and if they have been replaced would this be a massive problem regarding the piece as a future investment? It would cost about £1000 more than a used professional with complete set.i would use it regularly. What do you all thi Know?

image.png image.png image.png image.png
  2. ATWG Dec 11, 2017

Case looks a bit polished to me and oh yea, the bezel is no period correct for the watch. I would agree that the hands are newer as well.

3. MaiLollo Dec 11, 2017

I would pass this one. Nice ones are not so difficult to find and they carry a more reasonable premium vs earlier speedmasters.

4. Retromlc Dec 11, 2017

@ ATWG out of interest what should be the correct bezel? I'm agreeing than a newer year is probably more where I need to be heading, but I'm always drawn to vintage anything as my avatar suggests.

5. ATWG Dec 11, 2017

What's on the watch is referred to as a B5 (MWO reference), Dot under 70 which is for watches from 1995-2004. What you need is a B2, vintage Dot Next To Ninety (DNN) with tall C.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 11, 2017

image.jpg Correct bezel is dot next to 90 and no accent in Tachymeter. Easiest way to ID it. But double
    Check the dot on the 70 which should be to the right just below the center line of 70.

This example is a -76 with the -74/76 dial. Exactly the same as a -72 but does not have the step dial at the minutes track. Same fonts and dial markings just a dome not a step. Same bezel.