Opinions on this 1955 Cal 344 Omega "bumper"?

This is another suspicious black dial vintage Omega that I purchased on eBay. I'm trying to train my eyes to see better. Does the c at the end of "automatic" look a little off, spacing-wise?

Any thoughts on this presentation watch from 1955, with the bumper action? I think this watch looks good on either men or women. The price was not bad at $465 if it's working well and keeping time, I figured, as the seller claims.

Much appreciation for the education.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386131927085

Description:
Offering a vintage Omega wristwatch featuring a black dial with gold tone hands, gold arrow, and Aribac hour indices with a subsidiary seconds dial. The 14k yellow gold filled case houses a 17 jewel caliber 344 Omega bumper automatic movement and the serial number dates the watch to circa 1952. Included with the watch is a vintage gold filled Speidel stretch bracelet.

Item Details:

• Brand: Omega
  • Reference #: F 6231-1
  • Serial #: 13461XXX
  • Jewels: 17j
  • Caliber: 344
  • Movement: bumper automatic
  • Metal: 14k yellow gold filled
  • Weight: 58.9 grams
  • Case Size (excluding crown): ~34mm
  • Lug Width: ~20mm
Condition: Fine estate condition. Metal has various light scratches and scuffs. Dial is clean and clear and crystal has only light scratches and scuffs. The case has moderate scratches and scuffs with an engraving on the caseback. Watch is running strong and keeping good time. Please see photos for details.

s-l1600.png s-l1600-8.png s-l1600-7.png s-l1600-6.png s-l1600-5.png s-l1600-4.png s-l1600-3.png s-l1600-2.png s-l1600-1.png
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Good chance that it is a redial. The automatic font looks weak, especially the first A, I don't see serifs, the black is too good at that price.
On the other hand the minute marks look good and so do the hands.
Try posting a more detailed dial pic once you have it.

Looks like there is wear through the gold on the sides of the lugs and on the sides of some bracelet links, but the photos are so overexposed (on purpose?) it is hard to notice.

Apropos of nothing, I always think it's funny when sellers list the weight of a watch that isn't in a gold case. Sometimes they even show a photo of the watch on a scale.

The sub-dial snailing looks pretty good. The case looks like it might be pretty rough.

I see an original black/gilt dial.

The case on the other hand is clearly well worn from years of use.

You can tell if its original gilt dial with magnification, the script is the absence of black coating, showing the underlying dial metal.
here is a thread on gilt dials with photos.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/gilt-dial-omegas.45730/

If its original gilt dial ( and I would trust X350 XJR on this) I'd say it is a great purchase I think it will look great on a nice black period box stitch leather strap from Torre

IMG_5208.jpeg IMG_7450.jpeg

I used eBay link to discover the watch was sold yesterday. The OP posted today. A bit too late to act.

You can tell if its original gilt dial with magnification, the script is the absence of black coating, showing the underlying dial metal.
here is a thread on gilt dials with photos.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/gilt-dial-omegas.45730/

If its original gilt dial ( and I would trust X350 XJR on this) I'd say it is a great purchase I think it will look great on a nice black period box stitch leather strap from Torre

IMG_5208.jpeg IMG_7450.jpeg

Thanks for the info! Do have any suggestions where I can buy a black period box stitch leather strap from Torre? Looking for one now. I think it would highlight the watch itself this way.

I used eBay link to discover the watch was sold yesterday. The OP posted today. A bit too late to act.
Maybe the first post was edited but seems he was the one who bought the watch actually

Thanks for the info! Do have any suggestions where I can buy a black period box stitch leather strap from Torre? Looking for one now. I think it would highlight the watch itself this way.
Contact him on IG (@torrestraps).

Search IG torrestraps
Catalogue on WhatsApp he will send you link
Edited:

Maybe the first post was edited but seems he was the one who bought the watch actually
You are right. OP said it in his very first sentence.

Does anyone know the correct size strap for this watch? The ad says 20mm, but I'm not sure that is correct. Maybe it 18mm? I'll probably wait until I get the watch in hand to measure myself unless someone else knows.

Should be between 17 and 18mm. Originally probably 11/16" or ca 17.5.mm.

Where is Tom when you need him. He used to tell people about this peculiar Imperial strap size with dependable monotony. I miss him despite his quirks…