Forums Latest Members
  1. cppc Mar 7, 2016

Hi all,

Follow up from my previous thread asking if a watch I found is worth buying, I open this new thread asking for your opinions regarding other watches that I found (mostly on Ebay). I've been reading a bit lately but still it's quite overwhelming, so I hope your comments would also be a good source for me to learn from. Please let me know if what I do here breaks any rules or something, I'll try my best to comply.

The first one is actually from the Latest Auctions section in this forum which is running out in about 3 hours. I would prefer a bit of gold in the watch (just personal preference) but the price for this one seems good. All I can tell is that the dial and the case looks nice. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182039823361Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. tyrantlizardrex Mar 7, 2016

Getting a profile pic would be a good start...

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 7, 2016

Translation: "Manipulating the utensils requires effort, so please spoon feed me, if you don't mind."

In other words, show that you have really put some effort into the process, and then others will be more inclined to help.

cppc likes this.
  4. cppc Mar 7, 2016

Hah, good one, but don't be too harsh on me; and your translation is incorrect :), given the situation that time is running out!!!

I can say that I'm leaning toward buying (bidding) since the dial looks original and clean, and, based on what I read, it's already ~40% of the watch. Not sure yet about other parts.

5. tyrantlizardrex Mar 7, 2016

Time running out... Never a good reason to lay down cash on an under researched watch.

Taddyangle likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 7, 2016

Ohh hey look new member, with an interest in Omegas he know little about something time sensitive so lets throw shade so he thinks we are elitist d bags just because he wants help. We should be nicer people, come on how can a new user know about the new unofficial avatar rule? I may be somewhat new here, but responses like this have been getting more and more frequent the last 2 weeks.

To the OP - Nice looking watch, case is unpolished, and dial looks great. Price seems decent, but I know nothing about these so don't take my word for it what have similar watches gone for recently?

7. LawBrk Mar 7, 2016

cppc and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Mar 7, 2016

There's a difference between wanting help, and wanting everything done for you.

And as I said, if you don't know what you're looking at, you shouldn't be rushing into buying it, just because the auction is coming to an end - that's how bad decisions get made, and there are nearly always more watches.

9. cppc Mar 7, 2016

I actually find the post from @Foo2rama sarcastic :), hope I'm wrong, but in anyway, I don't take any of your advice negatively but rather open-minded. It is very usual for new members to ask a lot and experienced members to think the new guys should have done more research before asking.

Anyway, thanks for the advice "not to rush it". This is a lesson which needs to repeat regularly since deep inside you always have the urge to go against it. It also takes time to absorb knowledge. This thread mainly servers my purpose for sure but don't you think it would also serve as a "Learn by examples" one?

10. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Mar 7, 2016

There are always more and better watches.

This is why a lot of us are in possession of more watches than we know what to do with...

West Slope, Lonestar and ossfm like this.
  11. LawBrk Mar 7, 2016

I'm willing to bet that most every member here bought a watch that reminds them to do the "due diligence". Luckily, my 'lesson learned' watch total is 1, and I hope yours, @cppc , will be ZERO! Time to hit the books ::book::::book::::book::

tyrantlizardrex likes this.