Forums Latest Members
  1. COYI Mar 19, 2018

I saw this Seamaster 2937-2 cal. 267 with a Ranchero style dial while web surfing over the weekend. There's been one or to threads on here over the years referring to it as a 'Seachero'. There didn't seem to be a consensus as to whether these are legitimate so I thought I would post some photos. What are your opinions on this one?

seamaster 1.jpg seamaster2.jpg seamaster3.jpg seamaster4.jpg

2. tdn-dk Mar 19, 2018

The "Seachero" is the Ranchero reference 2990 with a Seamaster dial.

The one you show is a Ref. 2937 and not a Ranchero ref.

I think the dial is the same as used in the Ranchero "Seamaster"

bardamu and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. bloomy Mar 19, 2018

I was bidding on that, bidding got hot at the end and it went for $4,200 + auction fee and shipping. The auction estimate was like 2-2500 range. I figured someone may snag it and throw the dial/hands on one of the 2990's you can find on the cheap w/o proper dial.

When you see this model come up you see people link the hodinkee listing. It is worth noting the watch you showed has different hands/crown but is also 2937-2 vs 2937-3 which could explain it.

You can also find another reference to this watch being sold on ebayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network. You will notice the crown and hands match this watch and the model is matching 2937-2. It appears the second hand may be different?

COYI likes this.