Forums Latest Members
  1. yammilktea May 5, 2013

Hi all,

I've chanced upon this vintage Omega on eBay and am pretty tempted by this. Price seems good right now and am thinking of making a bid for this but would just like to know whether its a good buy and what would be a reasonable price to pay for something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintag...582138137?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5af0827519Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

thanks for your time in advance!

2. yammilktea May 5, 2013

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 5, 2013

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 5, 2013

This one I am not so sure, the dial looks original with a little dirty specks which hopefully could be cleaned.
    The case is unishell (front loading) which is less desirable than screwback. The case is decent.
    The movement is clean and no sign of scratch in rotor... which is good.
    Pricewise this is USD 300-350 specimen IMO.

5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur May 5, 2013

The damaged spots on the dial cannot be cleaned, Wrong set of hands, there must be some lume on hour and minute hands and the second hand is a bit short. Don't buy it.

[​IMG]

Correct hands should be like this.

6. Alpenschneerot May 5, 2013

or like this... IMG_0171[3].JPG

7. yammilktea May 6, 2013

i guess i won't be buying either and will just have to keep looking... thanks for all your replies though it was very helpful

8. yammilktea May 6, 2013

hi all, sorry to bother again but how about these two?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/omega-sea...s_MensWatches_GL&hash=item4ac43bee05#viTabs_0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-Sea...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item4d0c553e0ePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

i'm really new to this but from what limited knowledge i have, it seems like the dials might have been replaced on both and for the first link, the hands seem odd. just wanted to confirm if what i think is right?

9. ulackfocus May 7, 2013

It's a refinished dial. Pass.

The dial looks original to me, but the case has been polished quite a lot giving the lugs dull edges. It also has a replaced bridge - the color is different than the rest of the movement. It would be okay up to $500-ish, but it isn't worth the B.I.N. price.

10. buddman May 7, 2013

For those of us new to this, how can you tell it is refinished, other than it might look to clean?

11. ulackfocus May 7, 2013

The fonts are wrong. There's also no SWISS MADE.

12. buddman May 7, 2013

Its so obvious once you point it out!