Forums Latest Members
  1. Jokr Jun 24, 2018

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for a nice 2576 in stainless steel for quite a while now. This 2576-14 popped up recently.
    What do you think about it?
    The crown seems to be a replacement. I'm also not sure about the S in seamaster, that's why I checked google for similar models and there are some out there that have the same style. Am I right here?
    The case also seems to be polished, but would you say it's badly over polished? I'm still having some difficulties to really recognize it.

Thanks for your opinions and advice in advance.

s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg

Oh and before I forget, the seller comes from Italy. I remember that you should be cautious because of that, but I can't remember why anymore. So if anybody could enlighten me here I'd be really grateful.

2. Canuck Jun 24, 2018

Classic example of a “gold plated turd”! Use a heavily polished case to disguise a movement that needs a lot of work, and parts. The movement is a mess! Rusted, dirty, badly in need of a thorough service. And no idea about the parts that might be required? Avoid this one.

WhatYourWatchSay and Foo2rama like this.
  3. cristos71 Jun 24, 2018

Just to add, the dial looks also to have had a cleaning attempt which has left the print faded. It is virtually missing some of the minute markers. Pass

Foo2rama and ConElPueblo like this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 24, 2018

Agree with comments above.

This watch is a pass.
    gatorcpa

pmontoyap and Foo2rama like this.
  5. Jokr Jun 24, 2018

Thanks a lot for your advice! I'll wait until another model appears.

I didn't even know this was something you'd have to look out for, thanks.

6. Canuck Jun 24, 2018

There ar a LOT of things you have to watch out for. To say nothing of buying from a source you don’t know, and out of a foreign country.

7. nicolsson Sep 19, 2018

The forum is a gold mine! How many times we were totally wrong, without this precious help!
    For @Canuck if I can disturb a little more: you said it is a gold plated trud... How you can say that so for sure? Such as signals you saw?

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 19, 2018

Case has lost its crisp edges and facets, having been polished away in an attempt to make the watch look "better".

Movement is discolored and dirty.

Dial has some printing loss especially to the minute track, in an attempt to "clean" the dial.

9. jimmyd13 Sep 19, 2018

If you look at a well refinished case (there isn't really a well refinished case, all polishing detracts, but I will leave that wording as I'm sure people will understand the meaning) in isolation then you may think that the watch looks great. Only by putting a polished example side by side with a good original one can you see the difference. Being able to distinguish one from the other comes with a lot of exposure to both good and bad. When you've had a few in hand, the differences are obvious. In the absence of that, it's a question of looking at as many photos as possible. In the end, there's no substitute for experience.

10. nicolsson Sep 19, 2018

Agree.
    And it is day by day more difficult to see good ones out there.
    I'm looking for a2576 silver dial and it is really hard to find something good!