Forums Latest Members
  1. TayngoNCash Jan 25, 2019

I’ve been aware of this piece for just over a year. Previous owner bought it in Switzerland in 1965 for his father. I’m in it for a great price, and did no research prior to buying, but I’ve done a lot tonight.

I’m happy with the watch, but would love some more info on it. I couldn’t find the reference number on the OVDB. I think she’s gorgeous, and it seems that if it actually came with the decagonal Connie crown then she’s somewhat more rare.

Reference number: 166.002
    Cal: 562

I’d love any information you may know.

Edit: I’m noticing some rounding to the top left lug. Would that be due to a trip to omega or could it have been done by any jeweler?

23548203-9AD1-4F4F-BB83-A406A0D9CBF8.jpeg 05683345-7C29-48EE-B1C5-9C635C7771DC.jpeg 7E53A95B-A0EA-487D-A85D-B184C5BD9CE5.jpeg B2365F68-97A6-4ED7-BB9E-7A8194DFD444.jpeg 7D4BB932-618B-4153-A6AA-E950ABE806AF.jpeg
    Edited Jan 28, 2019
    Gav1967, allwoundup and Canuck like this.
  2. seekingseaquest Jan 25, 2019

Nice watch.

It didn’t come with that crown originally. You could switch it out during service if you want, just make sure to get the crown back as you’d probably make money on the swap.

efauser likes this.
  3. Canuck Jan 26, 2019

It appears to me to be an excellent start on a collection. I get the impression it has had either very little use, or very respectful use. I see little evidence of watchmaker codes inside the case back, so it might be a good plan to have a watchmaker who is versed in quality vintage mechanical watches, take a look at it.

wsfarrell likes this.
  4. allwoundup Jan 26, 2019

First, welcome to OF!

Second, what a handsome watch!!

Third, I have absolutely no idea how original it is.

Fourth, if you love it that is all that really matters. May it always bring you the joy it does today!

Cheers!!!

5. TayngoNCash Jan 26, 2019

From what the seller told me, his father rarely wore the watch and he has kept it in a box. So the very little wear is consistent. The case back is in exceptional quality from what I can tell. I can’t verify that it’s ever been serviced but my what a pretty movement this has! I’ll do my research on finding the right watchmaker for this job.

6. TayngoNCash Jan 26, 2019

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Neither do I!
    I’m already excited to have this to give to my son one day!

7. TayngoNCash Jan 26, 2019

I’ll consider that. I’d read about some Connie’s coming with seamaster crowns and seen that the opposite had happened a few times on rare occasion. I’m going to reject your reality and substitute it with my wantingness for this to be one of those rare times! Kidding of course. Often the logical answer is the right answer.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  8. Edward53 Jan 26, 2019

This. That is a highly desirable crown frequently missing from gold and gold cap Constellations, and extremely difficult to find on its own.

TayngoNCash and efauser like this.
  9. Metalhead53 Jan 26, 2019

Often the logical answer is the right answer.[/QUOTE]

There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.

TayngoNCash likes this.
  10. TayngoNCash Jan 28, 2019

There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.[/QUOTE]

Who is more dangerous, the one who knows what he does not know or the one who does not?

One may be a danger to others and the other to himself.