Forums Latest Members
  1. Monitor Sep 9, 2015

Good day!

I understand that these sort of threads are not exactly super-welcomed in any forum and I apologize in advance if this thread is in bad taste, but I've really no other way of going about it so if anyone's willing to help me out a bit, I would be really and honestly grateful.

Here is the deal - not long ago, I came into possession of a vintage Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000 automatic watch. It is a very lovely watch, I'm in love with the simplicity and the ruggedness of the piece - however, the situation I have recently found my self in does not allow it for me to keep and enjoy this watch as I am really strapped for cash, henceforth I simply must pass it on. As much as I would love to make a hobby out of collecting watches and thus contribute to this great place, my primary hobby is collecting vintage leather jackets so ATM any additional funds I come across are instantly consumed by another jacket purchase which is always too good to pass.
    I'm sure you understand. :)

Several photos of the watch in question:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the entire gallery: http://s866.photobucket.com/user/DogLizard/library/Omega

What I would like to request of you is not a valuation - as immensely helpful as this would be to me - but simply any additional info about the watch; if anyone could ID the year it has been made in, all those model / movement / etc. numbers I cannot figure out on my own. Any comment at all you could share on this particular watch would be immensely appreciated.

Of course, if anyone would be willing share their thoughts on what this watch might be worth, I would also be grateful for this bit of information as well.

Well, that's that, I guess. Thank you in advance so much for any help.

Cheers,

Ivan

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 9, 2015

I'm sure someone on here can tell the year and reference number but it would be most helpful if you had a photo of the inside of the case back and of the movement. That would take all the guesswork out.

3. italy1861 Sep 9, 2015

Google is your friend.. A search of seamaster cosmic 2000 brought up photos of your watch and info on movement and going prices. Only way to be sure is have the casback removed and get the reference and movement numbers..

Edited Sep 9, 2015
  4. marturx Sep 9, 2015

5. Monitor Sep 9, 2015

Thank you for the replies, gents.

Unfortunately, from what I gather, I cannot remove the case back by myself on this particular model of Seamaster, as this would require a certain tools only Omega SC's have - which is why I was hoping someone in the know might be able to tell the year, ref. no. and movement from the photos I posted. Luckily, there is one official Omega Service Centre near by so I could ask them if they'd be willing to pop it open and check the numbers for me.