Forums Latest Members
  1. Slowpoker Jun 27, 2019

Hi everyone,

I've recently decided to purchase a speedy pro and thus after some searching I came across a recently serviced timepiece; it looks great personally but I needed a second opinion as it doesn't come with boxes or papers nor does the seller know exactly how old the timepiece is.
    The strap is aftermarket.

Any advice or opinions would be seriously appreciated!
    Screenshot_20190627-092440_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190627-092453_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190627-093004_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190627-093017_eBay.jpg

Thanks for your time everyone!

2. guwipa Jun 27, 2019

Hi SP,

That watch looks good so far. Esp. with this nice strap.

But it is a newer version somewhen beyond yob 2002-4 with superluminova and the holographic mark on the caseack. Such a watch should be possible to get with b&p and if not available the price should be a real bargain to not move away from it. Adjust your radar to the reference 3570 here.

Just my 2ct

Slowpoker likes this.
  3. Slowpoker Jun 27, 2019

Hi there Guwipa,

Thanks for the reply and your opinion. It's great to know the watch looks good as I was worried about polishing and etc. I did notice the lack of tritium but maybe thought the hands were replaced/repainted.

I've been offered the timepiece for £2k. I'm sure I can source papers from Omega although if I can't I may have to go for another example.

Thanks again!

guwipa likes this.
  4. guwipa Jun 27, 2019

At your service :)

Dial and hands look legit in combination with the hologram and the serial number at the 5 o'clock lug as to come from the same series.
    To add you comfort on the legibility of the watch you could additionally ask seller to provide a picture from the movement to ensure that serial numbers from case and movements are matching (since they should do that).

Re paperwork:

you should be aware of Omega being not in the postion (or willing) to re-build paperwork upon request. The only they can do is to provide a certificate of origin and delivery location if you send them the movement serial number. And thewy take pretty much money for this little service (extract from the archives so they call it).

Pricewise and with view to exchange rate to € and the general price level in UK I would say 2k gbp should be an acceptable price for the watch given that the case hasn't been polished yet (what my hope is but hard to say with the poor and reflexive pictures).

Just ask the seller :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Winny

Edited Jun 27, 2019