Forums Latest Members
  1. markoh Sep 29, 2017

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a Ranchero with original but damaged dial. Been looking for a better one for years and was recently offered a "service dial" (do they really exist?). In my opinion this is not the dial found from common Asian sources.

Most obviously the 3 and 9 should be closer to the outer edge. Printing is crisp but rather flat, lume does not glow. The dimensions and the shape are correct compared to the original one.

Swap or not to swap - What would you do?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Oct 5, 2017
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. BenBagbag Sep 29, 2017

I'm no expert but I believe there has been talk about Omega purposefully replacing ranchero's with plain dials when being serviced. Not sure if they made Ranchero service dials... Interested to know FWIW...

3. micampe Sep 29, 2017

This is interesting. Fonts and logo are all slightly off, but much closer than the usual ones we see.

4. Vintagewtchzilla Sep 30, 2017

hi
    as for the super short run they have been produced and the marketing disaster i don't belive they made service dials.
    your dial looks like tritium also the fonts and alignment of the writing looks a bit off.

br

5. markoh Sep 30, 2017

The alignment is not actually so bad for the naked eye. Might be tritium, but then it must be an older redial since its not luminous at all.

Still considering swapping.. Main concern being how the aged hands would match with the dial.

I know it’s a long shot, but let me know if someone has a better example for sale. White dial would also be ok.

6. Dgercp Sep 30, 2017

The dial is not original, would not swap. As you say, numbers too far from markers. The M and E in Omega not correct. Qurstion that lume is original.

Vintagewtchzilla likes this.