Forums Latest Members

Opinions, knowledge, facts wanted

1. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Jun 6, 2017

I've always loved the Tudor heritage Chrono blue... Recently thinking of finally picking one up. Any owners past/present that have an opinion, please comment.
    Also, I understand this has a modular ETA movement. I don't know what that means, but have read it could be hard or costly to service. Is 3k+ worth this watch? Lastly, how's that aluminum bezel gonna hold up. I think I'm spoiled with ceramic bezels being in so many modem watches these days.
    Thanks all.
    Here's a pic I found on Google just to use for reference.

Tudor-Heritage-Chrono-Blue-22.jpg tudor-chrono-blue-focus-dial-watch.jpg
    Uniqez and Ssunnylee24 like this.
  2. Riviera Paradise Jun 6, 2017

Well I will defer of course to any input / explanation from @Archer on this subject, but I have read and heard (Watchuwant channel Watchmaker Michael Michales) that modular chronographs can be a real pain $$ to service...sometimes you have to service effectively two movements the automatic and chronograph. I don't have any in my collection so I have no personal experience. Interested in hearing what other forum members have to say.

Frunkinator likes this.
  3. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Jun 6, 2017

I guess if I was to ever get serviced at Rolex, the price is what it is... But another question is does this modular component effect anything, reliability?

4. watchthirst Jun 7, 2017

I've also been flirting with the idea of pulling the trigger on this one. At first the modular movement turned me off, but now I don't really mind it.

To my understanding it's actually an easier service process. If the chrono module gives out, it's simply replaced with a new one. In other words, watchmakers don't service the module.

Regardless, aesthetically I think this watch is a force to be reckoned with. It screams the sport 70's vibe, and for me aesthetically, my absolute favorite.

I believe you were a huge fan of the pop of colors in the green glass milgauss, and with that in mind, I think this chrono blue will check that box for you, you just won't feel as guilty dropping less than half of what you would have on the milgauss.

5. Ssunnylee24 Jun 7, 2017

I dont have much knowledge in movements nor had a experience with the Tudor chrono, but I have the Tudor BB. The BB is an amazing watch its built to last and wears nicely.
    Service might be more costly at the Rolex dealer but you have a peace of mind it will come back way it should.
    Congrats in your new (future) purchase.

watch3s likes this.
  6. shoota70 Jun 13, 2017

Having held that watch in person the only thing I felt was underwhelmed. It had a very un-Rolex fit and finish, i thought.

7. brockburst Jun 15, 2017

Aluminum bezel will be fine, should be plenty durable. Obviously not ceramic, but no doubt won't disintegrate on you.

8. gee_cee Jun 17, 2017

If you're thinking of a Tudor chrono have you looked at the new-ish BB chrono? (pic borrowed from t'interweb)

BB.jpg