Forums Latest Members

Opinions for this compur?

1. ELV web Jan 24, 2015

I really like the simple feel but not sure if it is original dial or not. Crown obviously is replaced while movement finish looks like it is a notch above the usual.... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. ELV web Jan 25, 2015

Actually, I have yet to pay and the seller seems to be coming from Uruguay. Anyone has experience dealing with the Uruguayan watches?

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 25, 2015

It's always a crapshoot buying from Latin America, but there is just enough good stuff to keep us compulsive gamblers in the game. FWIW, I think that dial is legit. My bigger concern is the condition of the case. I don't know what that particular case reference should look like and I can't decide if those lugs have been savagely overpolished or only milldy polished. I don't think that question is answerable unless you ante up the money that will allow you to inspect it personally. And don't count on a generous return policy from most Latin American sellers, or if there is, a terribly scrupulous postal service. So, as the great philosopher Dirty Harry would put it - "Do you feel lucky?"

ELV web likes this.
  4. timeismoney Jan 25, 2015

I was watching that one also but was a bit concerned that the center wheel and the third wheel (?) discoloration and not sure how easily those can be replaced to match the rest of the movement. I hope it does not affect the watch's performance. Good luck and keep us posted!

ELV web likes this.
  5. ELV web Jan 30, 2015

Finally arrived. The size isn't bad. It was sure polished but you can easily notice the shaping of the lugs. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

khmt2 likes this.
  6. ELV web Jan 30, 2015

But what really surprises me was the finishing, really a notch above normal. image.jpg

luzer, Hijak, woodwkr2 and 2 others like this.
  7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 31, 2015

I like the size a lot. The state of lugs was accurately reflected in the listing I would say. The movement finishing looks very similar to an early Zenith Compax that I've got - a little extra effort from Zenith.

ELV web likes this.