Forums Latest Members
  1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 6, 2013

2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Aug 6, 2013

I was quite skeptical when I saw it yesterday as it says only "fab". Mike will probably have a better idea. Looks like it is sold. Did you get it?

khmt2 likes this.
  3. Dablitzer Aug 6, 2013

Nice! ;)

Mine had "fab Suisse" on the dial which was correct..(something to do with the import, origin of casing the gold?) I think maybe your "Suisse" might have rubbed off? :thumbsdown:

image.jpg

Mine had a little bit age. But I paid about £800 for it so I think I did well... :p

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 6, 2013

Ahhh!
    I had an offer in, it was countered, was about to accept and it was gone. Dibs!

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 6, 2013

That dial has been cleaned - probably mechanically with rodico. This resulted in the "suisse" being rubbed off and if you look closely at the rest of the printed letters (at least from the pictures) don't look that crisp to me.

6. Dablitzer Aug 6, 2013

I can see what you mean:

You can see how the marker at 7 looks slightly worn, or aged around, as if that was how it was before it was cleaned. And the minute track is slightly faint.. Compared to my dial which hasn't been cleaned.

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 6, 2013

If you look closely, you can see an accumulated amount of gunk around some marker edges as dablitzer mentioned - areas perhaps that the rodico couldn't pry loose?

That being said the dial still looks pretty decent with one but - was the dial re-lacquered or not since this is almost never done right and you end up with a dial like the centenary here:

http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-centenary.6805/

8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Aug 6, 2013

That's a nice watch. You can kill someone with it if you throw it at their head.

movado made a lot of solid dials in the mid fifties. mini bricks. Not many survived the smelt.

they weren't kidding when they said you like gold haha

9. Dablitzer Aug 6, 2013

It's still a nice watch IMO. Just worth being cautious as its quite a bit of money. The case is nice, too.

10. John R Smith Aug 6, 2013

Alex - did you spot that was your 2,000th post? You really should get a Mars Bar or something . . .

Back on topic. If it were me, I just know that the missing "Suisse" would bug me forever. Especially on something this special. And how did anyone manage to rub it out but leave the minute track intact?

Dablitzer likes this.
  11. Dablitzer Aug 6, 2013

I want a prize... :(

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 6, 2013

Your choice of title (well your suggestion, we'll pick from the suggestions ;) )

13. John R Smith Aug 6, 2013

By the way - I decided to change my avatar, I hope nobody minds. The privy / dunny joke was a good one, but I think we had played it long enough ;)

14. ulackfocus Aug 6, 2013

Just noticed it myself. Was off-line since early last night. Nice one - thought you were Desmond for a minute.

15. Dablitzer Aug 6, 2013

He could be Desmond... How would we ever know? :p

16. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 6, 2013

If Desmond would use a nom de plume he would probably use a speedmaster as his avatar.

17. John R Smith Aug 6, 2013

Desmond has a rather more posh Connie than mine, which I could not lay claim to. Mine own is pretty much the same as this avatar.

18. pitpro Likes the game. Aug 6, 2013

Fonts and alignment of same are correct
    for the Fab Suisse 2500 dial

19. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 15, 2013

Did you return it? It is back on eBay?

20. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 15, 2013

Looks like it has been relisted.