Forums Latest Members

Opinion on servicing my Alaska Project

1. gixxer47 Mar 19, 2018

So its about time that I send in my Alaska Project for a full service and just wanted to hear some opinions from the enthusiast on this forum.
    My question is, when it comes to buffing/polishing out the fine scratches on the case (the polished edges and brushed sides), should I do it or leave it as is? What would most of you opt to do? I don't plan on selling it yet even though it has a high demand and has gone up in price since I purchased it but I love it so much so it's still a keeper. I still wear it a couple times each week so who knows, maybe there will be more scratches to come after it's back from service. Thanks in advance from all who reply

2. Edantony Mar 20, 2018

Hey, cool timing.I just dropped off my alaska at an omega boutique last week for its first service. I just asked them not to polish the watch.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 20, 2018

I’d say no. If it currently doesn’t bother you don’t do it. If you pass it on make the choice then.

4. larryganz The cable guy Mar 20, 2018

I'm trying too make the same decision with my Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition. I like to wear nice shiny new looking watches, but I'm not sure I should have Omega polish it, even though they will keep a "factory finish" on the watch. I posted this question in the POLMLE thread and got no response.

It's not really scratched up so I guess it makes sense to wait for a few services until it's older and needs it, but you'd think Omega would keep the lines sharp, or at least give us a discount if they don't polish the watch instead of making us pay for the service they wont perform. We should get a "polish IOU" then.

5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 20, 2018

Leave it. Forever. Plus I would not send it to Omega, and if I did, I would specifically (i.e. 10x) tell them DO NOT POLISH.