Forums Latest Members
  1. MattJames Oct 14, 2014

Hi All,

I'm new to this whole vintage watch thing and as such was hoping I could get an opinion on this watch before I hit the button. I can't seem to get very much information from the seller and as such I'm treading carefully. The photo's of the watch are good, but the movement and caseback.. not so much.

Any feedback from you guys would be amazing!

The description reads "snapback stainless steel case, diameter appr. 34mm without the crown, manual wind, signed crown, strap and buckle, fine condition"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Oct 14, 2014

I have a similar watch and a look on the Omega site dated it to 1962. I regret that I didn't photograph the movement or markings on the interior of the case back. My watch features a 620 movement which is apparently common for this model De Ville, an Omega style sold through much of the 1960s. The 620 movement may not be considered one of the "great" Omega movements but, after a cleaning and adjusting, the watch keeps excellent time.

[​IMG]

3. MattJames Oct 14, 2014

Hey thanks noelekal!

Cool watch!

Forgive me for my ignorance, but where would I find the serial number? the 111.077 reference dates it as a 1962 but the seller has posted it as a 1968?

4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Oct 14, 2014

The reference number was found on the inside of the interior of the case back and corresponded to the movement's serial number.

So sorry about having a faulty memory and losing the scrap of paper on which I wrote my watch's reference number and movement's serial number. I ran the number on the Omega site which returned the 1962 date of manufacture. I believe that 111.077 was also the reference number of my watch.

I'd like to know more about this style of De Ville model. I became more enthused about it after acquiring it. I don't often wear it but do appreciate its thin, minimalist style. As it has no second hand, accuracy can't be determined over a short period of time but the minute hand is right on the money after as long as five days at a time.