Forums Latest Members

Opinion about this 1977 Turtle SEIKO

1. Leostaicalmo Jun 8, 2021

2. omegaswisst Jun 8, 2021

Screenshot_20210608-195114_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210608-193200_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210608-191334_Chrome.jpg

Hi Leo,

These are a great reference.

1. The bezel insert looks to be correct. It should have a matte black appearance with a very fine dimpled texture rather than a black smooth glossy appearance. The bezel itself looks correct.
    2. Large spline crown correct for this year but in some if the pictures it looks like it does not screw down properly. This can be repaired but will add to the cost of service.
    3. Hands correct but you will need to factor in cost of relume.
    4. Dial is correct but the water and resist have faded to silver colour. Originally should be dark red.
    5. Case looks OK and correct for that year, with the larger cut out around the crown, but looks like the upper surface has lost its original brushed finish.
    6. There is no picture of case back, so hard to verify production date and condition.
    7. I think it's overpriced by about 125-175 euro.
    8. You need to allow also for cost of service.
    9. With patience a better example can be found.

Edited Jun 8, 2021
    Leostaicalmo likes this.
  3. Leostaicalmo Jun 8, 2021

Thank you for your opinion, I had some doubts about the dial because of the color of the "water" and "resist"which was supposed to be dark red and not grey. I could manage to have a 120€ discount on the price so I went for it. I'll post some more accurate picture when I'll receive it.

WestCoastTime likes this.