(Oops, doesn't look like it is. Oh well) Straight lug Speedy at auction in UK

1100214084.JPG

This is at an auction house fairly near to me that a few times a year has an interesting watch. Here is the link: https://www.willinghamauctions.com/...que-good-quality-modern-collectables-lot-269/

Estimate is £1,500 - £3,000 which seems crazy to me if it isn't a franken. I do have an account with them and could take a look the metal if it helps anyone, I have never seen any Speedy Pro in the hand though so don't put too much reliance on that. I am not planning to bid on it although I might attend the auction.

Edit: date of auction is Saturday 27th May 2023
Edited:

Straight lug? Maybe I'm missing something but from the photo in the OP and the ones in the link, this looks to be a twisted lug speedmaster rather than a straight lug. Couldn't be 100% sure, and I'm asking here more than stating, but with the applied metal logo, the twisted lugs, and we'd need to see a movement photo to know for sure; wouldn't more likely this be either a 145.022-68 or a 145.012? Estimate would still seem low but the condition could be driving that.

No crown guards professional???? A no crown guard with lyre lugs??? Straight lugs are way different looking but have no crown guards.

Nope looked at the better photos.. Def not a straight lug or a no crown guards lyre lug.
notss.JPG

just a meh 145.012 or early 145.022. They should have at least cleaned it up before selling... with the dirt on the case and bezel, plus the blown-out dial shot, it's not going to bring good money as it might be ok or a turd... Dial and hands are nothing special, the bezel might be ok, and the case is ???? who knows

No crown guards professional???? A no crown guard with lyre lugs??? Straight lugs are way different looking but have no crown guards.

Nope looked at the better photos.. Def not a straight lug or a no crown guards lyre lug.
notss.JPG

just a meh 145.012 or early 145.022. They should have at least cleaned it up before selling... with the dirt on the case and bezel, plus the blown-out dial shot, it's not going to bring good money as it might be ok or a turd... Dial and hands are nothing special, the bezel might be ok, and the case is ???? who knows
1100214084.JPG

This is at an auction house fairly near to me that a few times a year has an interesting watch. Here is the link: https://www.willinghamauctions.com/...que-good-quality-modern-collectables-lot-269/

Estimate is £1,500 - £3,000 which seems crazy to me if it isn't a franken. I do have an account with them and could take a look the metal if it helps anyone, I have never seen any Speedy Pro in the hand though so don't put too much reliance on that. I am not planning to bid on it although I might attend the auction.

Edit: date of auction is Saturday 27th May 2023

Hi, will you be having a look at it today?
Lol no. The piece has obvious issues.

Just shite photography.

Decent DON bezel, good caseback, which might indicate the case is not heavily worn either. Might be an okay 145.022-68. Hands look like loss of lume. Probably a good buy for under the high estimate. But the estimate is probably as bad as the photos.

1100214084.JPG.jpg

Either way, good or bad watch, the estimate is low for a reason....to attract bidders. The probability that it will sell in the range of £1K - £3K is very close to zero.

A 68 321 transitional would be a nice surprise and an 861 transitional not the end of the world. Probably the 861. Would that be too expensive?

It's a '67, clean and tidy 26000's. Hands and crown the only downside.
Edited: