Forums Latest Members

Only 75 Pieces – The WatchUseek Edition Rattrapante ‘Challenger’ by TNT

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Sep 9, 2013

Below is an excerpt of the entire article on Fratellowatches. Click Only 75 Pieces – The WatchUseek Edition Rattrapante ‘Challenger’ by TNT to read the entire article.
    [​IMG]

There is no need to introduce WatchUseek to you, the biggest on-line watch community on this planet. In the past, a number of limited or special edition watches have been created for WatchUseek. However, last weekend we came across this WatchUseek Edition Rattrapant by watch manufacturer TNT. As you can see, a very interesting 'bullhead' design with a rattrapante complication inside.
    The post Only 75 Pieces – The WatchUseek Edition Rattrapante ‘Challenger’ by TNT appeared first on Fratellowatches.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 9, 2013

Read Page 17 of thread on Wus also :whistling:

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 9, 2013

link?

4. ulackfocus Sep 9, 2013

5. ulackfocus Sep 9, 2013

You know, having a "WUS Watch" made by a company infamous for screwing up another forum's limited edition watch is a perfect fit for WUS members. Most of them on the Public Forum are dipshit n00bs anyway. As you'll see in this hysterical parody, I'm certainly not the only one with that opinion:

6. Hijak Sep 9, 2013

Wouldn't touch that watch with a ten foot pole!:eek:

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 9, 2013

Doesn't the price say it all? €900 for a limited (to 75) edition watch when the base movement costs €400. It's certainly not going to be a rival to ....... well anything worth having, actually.

8. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 9, 2013

We were all n00bs once; even n00bs don't deserve to get fleeced.

What gets me is the instinctive, knee-jerk suppression of dissent. That's no way to have a discussion.

See this even richer example from TZ-UK http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?273357-Funny-how-fashions-change
    which has the owner defending the authenticity of an absolutely absurd piece against Jeff Stein and Stewart Morley, who know a thing or three when it comes to Heuers.
    Facts summarized by Mr. Stein here: http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=63886

9. ulackfocus Sep 9, 2013

We weren't all dipshit n00bs though. Have you read the bullshit that passes for discussion on the Public Forum of WUS? Half baked 'facts' from members that can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground, inane This vs That, and a bunch of stupidity.

10. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 9, 2013

No I haven't. I found out a little more than a year ago that I simply couldn't take it any more.

11. Hijak Sep 9, 2013

WOW, just spent a bit of time going through that entire thread over at TZ-UK. Quite a learning experience! The owner over there has absolutley no integrity what so ever. To not be able to discuss a watches originality, pedigree and history openly...I thought that was the whole point of these forums.:cautious:

12. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 9, 2013

Ugly, ain't it?

13. Hijak Sep 9, 2013

Having spent quite a bit of time over at WUS before becoming a member here there are some good people over there. having said that...there are also many wankers over there as well! I use that previous term with specific purpose...I was given a "Profile Warning" infraction for using this term. I had told someone they were acting like one and to stop acting like one. This person was spewing so called facts about a certain posters Omega watch that even a noobie like myself knew was wrong and misleading. I think this persons intention was to get the watch at a greatly discounter price. I mentioned this to the moderator who sanctioned me but they didn't care...priorities are not what they should be over there!:thumbsdown:

14. Hijak Sep 9, 2013

Its disturbing actually.:eek:

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2013

That's rather concerning to be perfectly honest. It would be like us banning Desmond for calling a Constellation a redial.

16. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 9, 2013

A forum is as good as the people who actively involve in it. Except scammers, I don't recall this forum has banned anyone. Even the hard, stubborn, arrogant and foul mouthed members.
    Facts and good analysis trump emotional opinion anytime.

17. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 9, 2013

Well, to be fair it would be like banning Desmond for calling YOUR Constellation a redial .....:p

18. ulackfocus Sep 9, 2013

The point of most forums is $$$ for the owner. They'll impose restrictions as they see fit, meaning they'll restrict or completely ban discussion that's counterproductive to making money. For example, TZ is owned by Antiquorum so any auction format that competes with AQ like eBay is not permitted. Some forums have other restrictions. If you wanted to link somebody to the page on the seller's website that you bought your strap from, you couldn't do it on Watch Talk Forums if they weren't a forum sponsor. Most forums will delete posts without warning and don't even notify the original poster, and sometimes even ban the o.p. on the first infraction.

You guys that aren't regulars on, or have come from, other forums have no idea how great it is here. Anything goes as long as you aren't a spammer or total troll. Hell, I'm about as blunt as a Louisville slugger and have the tact of a dock worker and I'm supposed to referee things!

There have been only one or two.

Hey now, I resemble that remark!

Yeah, but a little dancing squirrel or a heated rant now & again make things interesting.

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 9, 2013

Amen....

20. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 10, 2013

Respectable Member ulackfocus

Cannot be better described and I appreciate.

Perhaps, this is the only forum around that is totally democratic, interpreted the old fashion way. Today, we still do shout and scream we are in love with democracy. Unfortunately, guided - that is, do as I say but not do as I do.

Thank-you.