ONE OWNER 1966 Omega Constellation dog leg 168.005 w/vintage strap and buckle!

OK, this is one I’m gonna be talking about for a while! So I’m finally back in my hometown, visiting family, and of course I’m looking for watches… discover this tiny jewelry store that is selling this incredible 1966 Omega Constellation dog leg on behalf of the original owner! Well, there was NO WAY it wasn’t coming home with me!

Reference 168.005, two tone with those sweet dog leg lugs. If it weren’t for faint marks throughout seen under a loupe, I would think this hasn’t been touched for over 50 years! And apparently that’s basically the case, was only worn on special occasions, and it shows - look at that dial! So clean with an awesome texture and in the right light, the constellation star has taken on a red patina that I’m more than a little obsessed with!

The 34mm case is crisp, with light rosy patina forming on the gold, another way you can tell it hasn’t been touched. Also that case back medallion - as sharp as I’ve seen!

Also comes on what I believe is the original buckle, and then also what might be the original Omega strap! It’s definitely vintage Omega and great to see! (Happy to include a new 18mm strap as well so this one can be preserved.)

As far as the movement goes, I think I’m the first person to open this watch up! Of course can’t say that for sure, but the cal 561 movement looks incredible - even the yellow gasket looks to be the original Omega gasket.

So that means no service history - as always a fresh service is recommended for regular use, especially here assuming this has sat untouched minus special occasions for decades. That being said, a real testiment to Omega’s movements, it’s keeping good time, within about 25 seconds a day or so, date changes over crisp, winds and sets very smoothly:

Original owner was fair with me so if I’m not keeping it I want pass that fairness along, pricing this at $1495, which will include fully insured shipping anywhere in the US.

Payment via Venmo, Zelle, Wire, or PayPal F&F with references.

No returns unless misrepresented and it absolutely will not be! I am a passionate watch collector first and foremost and I go out of my way to treat buyers the way I want to be treated when I’m the buyer. Lots of feedback here to show that.

Very happy to be able to offer this find up - hoping it goes to an Omega collector as it should!
Edited:

Big respect for your boots on the ground treasure hunting. She is a stunner ain't she? 👍

Big respect for your boots on the ground treasure hunting. She is a stunner ain't she? 👍

Thank you! All about the hunt, especially satisfying when you strike gold! Watch is now OHPF.

congrats to the buyer, and kudos to the seller for getting this beauty back in circulation.