Forums Latest Members

One of the benefits of Boutiques...

1. RRMagyar Mar 10, 2018

I have bought two of my three Omegas from a local Boutique. My next Omega, perhaps in 2018, will be bought there as well. One of the benefits of such a relationship was being invited to bring my watches in today for inspection by an Omega technician. The process took about an hour — with the three watches — and the technician was also a watch collector and we had a great time talking about watches while he practiced his art. In sum, I learned my watches were not magnetized and they were performing to specifications. What a great service!

2. aluxtrader Mar 10, 2018

Cool service! You get what you paid for

3. larryganz The cable guy Mar 10, 2018

My OB will charge shipping to the Omega or Rolex Service Center if you didn’t buy the watch from them (as expected). So not paying $70-100 each time you send a watch (that you’d bought from them) for a service is a nice perk.

I feel bad for only buying 3 watches there. But the money I save buying elsewhere has helped pay for the shipping many times over. But it’s also hurt my ability to form a stronger relationship with them.

Edited Mar 10, 2018
    qboa likes this.
  4. qboa Mar 10, 2018

nice service & experience

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 10, 2018

Shoot, I forgot to reply to the email earlier this week in order to make an appointment. I thought the invite was nice of them.

6. ac106 Mar 11, 2018

Demagnetizing and timing your watch.... that’s definitely worth the several thousand extra over trusted sellers!

zestywesley likes this.
  7. turbo_muc Mar 11, 2018

Completely agreed. The service at the OB is really good. I bought one watch there, was invited to an Olympics Event and got my vintage Omegas checked. And as I bought the TinTin from a Japanese grey market seller I brought it there for double-checking the authenticity (unfortuntely it runs a bit fast so it will go to warranty service soon). Always they have taken the time, offered me a coffee etc.

You get what you pay for...

8. zestywesley Mar 11, 2018

Yea no, I’ll stick with my trusted sellers for all purchases. Full msrp + snobbiness + tax at my OB is not “you get what you paid for” for a service that’s not even required. I’ll save the thousands from TS and apply that to new watches.

I spent $30k at my local Rolex AD in the span of 1.5 months and they don’t even know my name so what is this non-sense relationship we’re talking about here?

9. turbo_muc Mar 11, 2018

Think Omega is different there: Spent the equivalent of USD 8k there and they remember my name.

And I would distinguish, for some of the regular models where the "premium" at OB is 1-2k I would go for grey market as well...

lustrousaurus likes this.
  10. zestywesley Mar 11, 2018

Likely it depends on your location, as I go to school in a very wealthy area in the US. Your point is true; if I saw a limited edition/OB-only watch then I would buy it there as well.