Forums Latest Members
  1. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2014

The eagle eyed among you may have noticed I haven't been around the forum much this week.

The unfortunate reason is that I've just come out of hospital after taking a little "tumble" on my bike on Monday evening. To cut a long story short I have a broken collarbone, 4 broken ribs, a break in the shoulder "wing" bone and minor cracks in two vertebrae. I also had a punctured lung, but now seems recovered after some very good care at our local General Hospital.

The sad outcome is that these injuries prevent me from pursuing all three of my hobbies for a while: my left/watch/writing arm is in a sling to keep the collarbone in position, so there's no point wearing a watch; I can't play guitar; and obviously I can't ride a bike. And with one hand, writing or typing is a laborious process.

Thankfully it should only be 4-6 weeks until I'm mended. In the meantime, I suspect my post count may go down a little :p

Ps. For those who are wondering: yes, I am suing the car driver responsible for this mess ;)

2. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 29, 2014

Injuries can be recovered... Glad you are safe and back.
    Feel better and recover fast :thumbsup:

3. scook94 Nov 29, 2014

As a fellow cyclist. my thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2014

*motorbike

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2014

They run'em over like squirrels in Amsterdam, glad you will come out OK.

6. bvertz Nov 29, 2014

I hung up my helmet several years ago, around the time when they made helmets optional in my state. For motorcycles, they say it's not a question of if but when. Get well soon, and kudos for getting back the iron horse.

7. NT931 Nov 29, 2014

Ouch! Sounds like it was a hard "tumble". Glad you're Ok, as accidents involving motorbikes and cars can often end up badly for the motorcyclist. Rest well, hopefully your left arm heals in time for you to raise a glass to toast the new year in 5 week's time!

8. scook94 Nov 29, 2014

Ah.

9. alam Nov 29, 2014

Thanks to the Squirrels, it was just a minor tumble! Wish u a non-Omega speedy recovery! :)

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2014

Damn mate, what Bike was it?

11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 29, 2014

I was lucky enough to walk away from all of my bingles, even two with cars.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate!

Soon you'll be back to normal ::psy::

12. ulackfocus Nov 29, 2014

Ooof, collarbone breaks hurt. Are you clear to self medicate with your favorite libations?

13. Hijak Nov 29, 2014

Very sorry to hear this Spiki and I wish you a quick and full recovery!

14. jud Nov 29, 2014

Cyclist here, I saw you're a motorcyclist, but still recovering from my last accident. Similar situation; collar bone, ribs, hemothorax, pneumothorax and hospital stay. Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 29, 2014

Get well soon, sir !!!
    I did involve in motorbike accident long time ago and choose not to ride again.
    During that accident my helmet was broken into two pieces. Fortunately I was fine with only minor scratches.
    But for anybody thinking riding motorbike without helmet: Think again. Use Helmet. All the inconveniences are nothing compare to your head health......

16. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2014

Hope you mend quickly!

I was in the hospital also for a few days the week before last, for treatment of a potentially serious infection, and still have sore forearms and bruises from all those IVs...

17. Redwheelbarrow Nov 29, 2014

Good to hear you're on the mend. There are few fender benders for the motorcyclist, and it sounds like you took quite a spill. Please use your strumming hand to keep us updated on your progress.

18. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Nov 29, 2014

Sorry to hear, Warren, get well soon.
    Must be terribly painful, handling AJTT with those injuries.

Joking aside, take care and heal quickly!

19. timeismoney Nov 29, 2014

Good god! It is good that you live to tell about it! Wish you a speedy recovery! Hopefully you can still lurk around ;)

20. Nobody Move Nov 29, 2014

I've experienced many near misses when riding my vintage Vespa and consider myself very, very lucky.
    Here's wishing you a very quick recovery.