Forums Latest Members
  1. Shreya May 26, 2017

Hello guys i am new to the world of omega's ... i was curious after knowing about snoopy silver edition n the tin tin speedy.. and would like to know which recent omegas would be most sought after in future.. irrespective of their quantity in current

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 26, 2017

Check back in 10-20 years and we can let you know!

...none of us have crystal balls.

...at least I hope not!

3. ras47 May 26, 2017

It's a crapshoot. Guessing collecting trends is usually a fool's errand. Any super-exclusive limited editions (less than 100 pieces) have the best chance of being hot tickets in years to come, but that's not a news scoop. Any model to which Omega makes a significant change has a shot at being collectible one day. But then the question becomes, "what's a SIGNIFICANT change?"

BrianMcKay likes this.
  4. Meme-Dweller May 26, 2017

Tough call. Half a century ago, Daytonas were trash and DateJusts were the thing to have. Speedmasters were also overlooked in favor of the dressy Seamasters and Constellations. Another change in desire could easily happen in the future.

Maybe they will get smart watches to the point of replacing an entire cellphone and then everyone must have one. The cellphone could then be phased out for the smart watch. If you can't buy a cellphone anymore and are forced to use a smart watch, what are you going to do, wear 2 watches?

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 26, 2017

Yup!

watchme, R3D9, OMGRLX and 2 others like this.
  6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 26, 2017

Shreya, OMGRLX, bags1971 and 3 others like this.
  7. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction May 26, 2017

I'd bet on this one............

Gamblingomega.jpg

Or possibly not ;)

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 26, 2017

Considering the Tin Tin never went up as there are some still in the system for sale brand new, and the Snoopy is starting to drop in price...

Shreya and BrianMcKay like this.
  9. Meme-Dweller May 26, 2017

Like carrying a beeper and a cellphone!

OMGRLX likes this.
  10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 26, 2017

If you like starring at a beautiful beeper, then sure.

OMGRLX likes this.
  11. jzzmusician May 26, 2017

Shreya likes this.
  12. jasonrchua May 26, 2017

Maybe the SpeedyTuesday?

13. Lode_Runner May 26, 2017

You've gotta go for the classics, limited edition models like this:

Sealmaster.jpg
    Yes, you can bet on the rare and sought-after SEALmaster.

sensui, patrick1616, be.norm and 6 others like this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 27, 2017

A true seal master
    upload_2017-5-27_7-31-44.jpeg

sensui and patrick1616 like this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 27, 2017

US version.
    upload_2017-5-27_7-33-27.jpeg

sensui and Sculler22 like this.
  16. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 27, 2017

HELL yes :) #ilovemyspeedmaster

17. jaguar11 May 27, 2017

I don't fancy betting on any watch. I would rather wear Omega than play monopoly with em. If you like it buy it.... Can't think of a better reason to buy an Omega. Bet on horses perhaps:)

Edited May 27, 2017
  18. Shreya May 28, 2017

Maybe this can make the current watches more rare

Guys i am gemstone manufacturer and i have seen and heard trend shifting. Eg tanzanite was discarded in the beginning... tourmalines were not that expensive rather a cheap stone... and i have heard that there was a time when red synthetics were more expensive than actual ruby.. and rubies were mixed in synthetics..
    ......... and thaths why i am keen in knwoing how would watches be perceived in future..

19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 28, 2017

Watches are more like cars. Hard to project an individual model and across the board tied to the global economy. If a watch had a high chance to go up people here would be buying them, thus raising prices due to demand.

Honestly it's hard to call. 20 years ago no one cared about the Rolex 1655. 10 years ago they broke 40k usd. Now mid 20's. Currently Heuer Atavias are spiking with a tribute rerelease on the horizon. Other Heuers from that period are also up but the identical watches that carry less known names are not rising for the exact same watch.

Vintage watches are up across the board currently and I think most people think the sport Chronos in the 36-38mm range in top condition from top tier makers are on the way up. This is due to vintage collectors as a whole and new watch sales seeming to break the larger is better and seeing a trend down. Buying top condition watches in the niche is a mine field that takes a lot of study and self earned knowledge to find correct good examples. Even Vintage Speedmasters with some amazing references that clearly spell out how to verify a watch, have seemingly insane prices on watches that are clearly incorrect, while same condition watches that are 100% correct and are not marketed as well go for less money. So go and try to do this with a watch model that does not have a couple hundred page coffee table book dedicated to it and 2 well written websites that clearly spell out what parts are correct on a 1962 Speedmaster.

As a whole People that own and buy vintage pieces are pretty smart and obviously know how to manage money. If someone has cracked the code would they share it? Can anyone see into the future and see if the vintage watch market will look like this in 10 years? In the late 70's you could buy a used Shelby Mustang for a couple hundred dollars as no one cared. A clone today is a 70k car. 10 years ago clone 71 Hemi Cuda's where fetching 250k or more... now less then 1/2 that.

Then you have to understand the market manipulation going on for certain models... Nina Rindt anyone... tell me the current price was not manipulated. Then understanding why some watches sell for 2-3x at certain auctions was it condition? A rare tiny varient? Manipulation? Or 2 guys in the room that really wanted the same watch.

micampe and cristos71 like this.
  20. sn0wman72 May 28, 2017

I would say buy the watch(s) that you like and wear them or collect them, for your own enjoyment. Then 'bet" more commonly known as Investing in real investments: stocks, bonds real estate etc

ras47 likes this.