Forums Latest Members
  1. ismael Jul 2, 2012

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 11, 2012

Hi Ismael. We'd prefer to keep the sales forum dedicated to individual watch listings (for the convenience of our members). Linking to Ebay listings isn't as useful to them.

You're more than welcome to list individual watches for sale. Thanks for your understanding.

3. ismael Jul 11, 2012

Ok, thanks for your answer. I understand.

Regards

4. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 11, 2012

As much as I don't like to be regulated, I have to agree that using forums simply as a place to try to make money is pretty lame. I should think the policy would require a certain number of posts as part of discussions before being allowed to shamelessly hawk merchandise purely for profit. Ismael, have you taken part in any discussions in this forum? I suppose natural selection will handle this issue.

5. ismael Jul 11, 2012

I have not participated. Just saw it was a forum for buying and selling omega watch fans, and saw should share it with you, with no offense, sorry if this has been. You can close this post if you think necessary.

6. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 11, 2012

If a sales listing has some effort put in to it (decent photos, accurate description, etc), that's enough to be of benefit for our members. We're happy to have low/no-post members posting high-quality sales ads, but would of course prefer to see them participate in discussion :)

7. ulackfocus Jul 11, 2012

Actually, I think you just did participate in a discussion.

In the future though please post the items in the Sales Forum.

8. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 11, 2012

We'll need to add a parts forum at some point, perhaps very soon. It would be a shame to clutter the 'watch sales' section with random bits and pieces. :)

9. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 12, 2012

So I've wasted all this time posting small talk, etc when I could have just gotten right to selling merchandise?

Trev likes this.
  10. ulackfocus Jul 12, 2012

:p

11. ismael Jul 12, 2012

You're warriors friends! If anybody are interested in some piece of my collection, ask to me and we can do affears with more photos if you want ;)

12. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 12, 2012

Ismael, where are you located? You must get a lot of Moby Dick wise cracks.

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 12, 2012

You just had to go there.

14. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 12, 2012

When one of us gets around to organising a parts forum, you'll of course be welcome to post as many parts as you like :)