Forums Latest Members

Omega's teaser and I'll raise them....

1. TLIGuy May 13, 2015

I waited patiently through the night hoping to wake up to a new Gemini 4 Limited Edition watch and I found nothing this morning.

Fine Omega....I'll see your teaser and raise you. See you in June.....

CSC_0237_zpstcxwh6kp.JPG

Edited May 27, 2015
    repoman, Andy K, Emeister and 2 others like this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 13, 2015

With straight writing no less! Very collectible no doubt!

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 13, 2015

Very rare model this... so rare Moonwatch Only doesn't even have it in the book!!

:D

4. gee_cee May 13, 2015

C'mon guys, we all know Omega don't like to shout from the rooftops about their anniversary editions..

5. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude May 13, 2015

Come on Omega.
    We know you're watching!

Update the FOIS.
    Standard hands all around.
    White and McDivitt didn't like the official mission patch so take the Life magazine image of White on his spacewalk and create a knockout caseback (you've shown you can do it with the new Snoopy).

SHOW SOME RESPECT.
    How many sales did White's space walk bring you before the moon landings? Images were used throughout most of your worldwide adverts, catalogues and brochures.*
    By your own admission seeing pictures of White in Life lead to the addition of the Professional text on all Speedmasters since.
    The 'facts' around this may be dubious but keep the legend alive.

*Mental note made to collect evidence for TLIGuy's much anticipated tribute post next month.

TLIGuy likes this.
  6. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. May 13, 2015

The first Omega with a hashtag on the caseback!

7. TLIGuy May 14, 2015

:whistling: A tribute post 3 years in the making not only to Gemini 4 but many of the men that wore the Speedmaster as well during significant moments in time along the way.

4111244876_8a5358986e copy.jpg

lwong and Emeister like this.
  8. repoman May 14, 2015

Agree 100%, we need a 50yr Gemini IV, period. Caseback needs to be a bas relief engraving, something along the lines of what is on the Speedyorite. Truly limited edition, 1965 is a good number, less would be better. Meteorite dial maybe? Blue for sure, that's non-negotiable.

Has Omega ever released two limited edition moonwatches in one calendar year? With the new Snoopy this year, I'd say our chances of a 50 year Gemini IV are not good. I love what they did with the new Snoopy, but to snub the 50yr anniversary of Gemini IV just makes no sense to me at all, unless Omega has made the decision that the public is only interested in remembering Apollo missions. Sad.

p.s. Gemini IV was the first NASA mission to adopt roman numerals for the mission number.

Emeister and TLIGuy like this.
  9. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude May 14, 2015

Absolutely no sense. Unless your Apollo only assumption is true. Which, as you say, is very sad.
    I understand how, in true marketing terms, Omega feels they will shift more units going for Apollo XIII this year. I also don't deny that missions importance. But how does a 45th anniversary trump a 50th.
    I'm also a great admirer of Wally Schirra but with how things appear to not be happening I'd have preferred if they hadn't released the FOIS and saved the concept for Gemini IV.
    I wonder how Omega's marketing dept views the success or failure of the FOIS and what influence that is having now?

Interesting.
    And thereby baffling eBay sellers for years to come ;)

The number of times I've seen VIII 'described' as 13 ......

10. maxtor71 May 14, 2015

They did update the FOIS. It didn't get huge amounts of attention at Baselworld but there is a precious metal FOIS on the way. $15k+ though.

Max

11. TLIGuy May 28, 2015

Only 137 hours left until the 50th anniversary of the Ed White EVA and still no sign of an impending anniversary release.

I'm leading a candlelight vigil outside the Omega headquarters if you are in the area. We are thousands strong looking for a GT-4 limited Edition.

candle.jpg

font 125 copy 3.jpg

Edited May 28, 2015
    JohnSteed, Emeister, lwong and 4 others like this.
  12. TLIGuy May 31, 2015

Less than 72 hours now and not looking good. It looks like I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands.

In the words of the immortal Iron Eyes Cody...."Not having a Gemini 4 anniversary watch hurts us all."

crying-indian2.jpg

font 125 copy.jpg