Forums Latest Members
  1. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

Just bought this sorry for only one photo.I was going to post the reference number but didn’t know if I should.Is this a Seamaster?

07F06344-5C46-4935-B90F-19E5624E105A.jpeg
  2. KingCrouchy Feb 13, 2019

Hello, the Hands are not fitting that Redial. They have lume but the dial doesn't. I sadly don't know the Ref.

3. jimmyd13 Feb 13, 2019

Next time, ask before you buy.

Take a look at the dial:
    Does the logo look correct to you? Oval O with a narrow E. It's not one I can recall seeing; if you give it the benefit of the doubt, it must be early.
    Next the numerals - if this is an earlier dial, the 0 in the 10 is usually higher and shorter than the 1, you've not got that.

Now, neither of these are killers ... just very unfamiliar. They raise questions, that's all so far.

Look at the minute track. Very uneven. Off centre. Compare the position of the 2 and 10 markers with the 4 and 8. Compare the thickness of the 6 with the 12. Suddenly, it's becoming obvious that the dial is all wrong. And anyway, it's called a mimnute track because the minute hand tracks along it ... the end of the hand should line up with the track ... and it doesn't. So ... we calling just the dial wrong or all of the watch?

Clover leaf crown's nice ... but that doesn't come with the dial. The case is ... well, polished beyond recognition.

Naw ... just walk away. In fact, would have walked away just looking at the bottom of the dial.

NOTSHARP, Jerseyhammer, rank and 5 others like this.
  4. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

It’s a 1958 if you want the reference number I can put it up.As long as that’s not a bad thing.The dealer said he redid the dials so there really bright.

5. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

Darlor vintage watches is we’re i bought it.If you like you can check it out.I don’t know much just a little that I’ve read online and from the forms.If anyone knows of a good trusted place to buy a vintage watch please give me the web adress.This seems to be the hardest hoby to get a original piece.There seems so much to know about a single watch and brand.

6. KingCrouchy Feb 13, 2019

I'm sorry but you probably paid a lot, for a really bad piece. It's not even worth 200$. Darlor Watches is for me the definition of a shady watch dealer. Search in the Omegaforum Sales Part, or on Chrono24 and ask here questions before buying it. Then you shouldn't have to worry.:thumbsup:

Archer likes this.
  7. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

Ok so that I know and understand.You said that darlor vintage watch is shadey.What made you come to this conclusion?Are the wartches on the be site bad or do you have experience with them?I paid 875.00 for the watch.What in the picture do you see that makes the watch a 200.00 watch?What should I be looking for so that this does not happen again.I got no problems with critiques but I need to understand what and we’re I made my mistakes.I can send it back they have a return policy.But I’d like to know how you came to this conclusions so fast?By looking at one photo.Thanks in advance.

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 13, 2019

Refinished dial, wrong hands, polished case, wrong crown and we haven't even seen the movement.

Spacefruit and kov like this.
  9. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

Ok that’s great your telling me that.But how did you learn this?What should I be looking at to know the things you know?At one time you were new to this.How did you learn all this.I am Shure you didn’t learn all that you know from a forum.Can you be specific about why it’s wrong and what it should be like.Thats the only way I will learn.Thank you

10. redpcar Feb 13, 2019

Years of Omega (and other watches) collecting. Not something you can learn quickly. Stick around here. Read and learn then pull the trigger. :)

Archer and felsby like this.
  11. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

We’re do you buy your omegas?

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 13, 2019

Hang around for 6 years. Look at thousands of watches, listen to experts, ask questions if you are unsure.

In this case. That dial is not like an Omega dial that has been seen. The printing is off and points to a redial which commonly happened in the 60-80’s. It’s very rare to see lume on hands and not on the dial. Modern looking case, old style dial. All the edges are soft which means the case has been polished and metal has been removed, as it’s missing the sharp edges it should have.

nttisch23 likes this.
  13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 13, 2019

Via this forum. Learning a reference and hunting a good one on eBay.

Watch collecting is one of the last things that you have to actually research. It’s not something a book can teach you. You have to do your own research.

Example I have 2 pieces I researched learned what is and isn’t correct and then hunted eBay and other places for about a year each. I did source a rare lemania powered Sinn 903 and a sublime Seiko 6117-8000 both of which are worth at least double what I paid.

FB50BCC3-2327-41FB-BC24-9C8F92C1723E.jpeg 35CBE91D-6A9A-4CC8-9ADE-98A672380CA4.jpeg
    One has little to no data on it, the other has more crap ones available at high prices with wrong hands.

Find what you like, learn all you can. Then go forth and enjoy your treasure.

Edited Feb 13, 2019
    Longbow, kov, X350 XJR and 1 other person like this.
  14. redpcar Feb 13, 2019

Check out the private sales section here.
    Personally, I typically don't buy from dealers. I look for original owners. Not something you can hurry. No instant satisfaction.
    If you have an immediate itch for a vintage Omega. Private sales section here is safe because we all look at them, too.

Edward53 likes this.
  15. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

Thank you

redpcar likes this.
  16. Dan S Feb 13, 2019

Many of the people responding to this thread have looked at hundreds of thousands or even millions of watches. While the OP might wish otherwise, there is no substitute for that kind of hard-won experience.

Edward53, jimmyd13 and Foo2rama like this.
  17. redpcar Feb 13, 2019

The hunt is more fun for me, btw. I welcome the opportunity to research.

Molko and Foo2rama like this.
  18. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

19. Edfra Feb 13, 2019

2849-5-SC This is the reference number from the site if that helps.Thanks every one

20. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Feb 13, 2019

I don't know much but everything I do know I learnt on this forum or from links provided by other members of this forum. Also, gained some knowledge by the mistakes I made. There's a wealth of great advice in this one thread alone.