Forums Latest Members
  1. Daytona12 Jun 28, 2014

Hello,

I am posting this question on behalf of a good friend and Omega owner (2x)

He mentioned that after a 3 servicing attempts over the years, his X-33 still appears not to be functioning correctly. Here is his account of the problem he is experiencing:

"The issue with the watch is that analog display does not match the digital time. The digital and analog display time will advance correctly using the P2 button however, the P3 button will forward the analog time and reverse the digital time. It is my understanding that the P2 button is suppose to advance both the analog and digital time (which functions properly) and the P3 button is suppose to retard both the digital and analog time (not functioning correctly)."

The hope it that someone might have advice on where he might finally send the watch, to get it serviced properly, or if there is anyone out there that can work it for him.

Omega front.jpg Omega Back.jpg

Many thanks

SoyuzPilot and Etp095 like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 29, 2014

3. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 29, 2014

had that problem as well. found no solution.had the movement changed by omega. all good now. kind regards. achim

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 29, 2014

From memory Omega are replacing the X-33 Movements Calibre 1666 with the new Calibre 1666D themo-compensated version when they come in for servicing, should both fix the problem and improve performance.

That is a very cool X-33 caseback, is he part of the Marine One crew?

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2014

There is no such thing as a Cal. 1666D. This rumour was floating around several forums, and many people have claimed that there is a D version, but someone on WUS asked Omega directly and they replied that there was no 1666D version, and if I look it up on the Omega Extranet, it only shows an A, B, and C version.

[​IMG]

The C version is what Omega refers to as "heat compensated" per the technical guide, which again only shows 3 versions.

Cheers, Al

galavanter and watchyouwant like this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 29, 2014

Sorry you're right, the C is the version I meant, I was getting it confused with the Calibre 2500 revisions

7. Daytona12 Jun 29, 2014

Thank you all for your comments. Much appreciated.

dsio to answer your question Steve said:

"I was one of many squadron pilots who had the opportunity of a lifetime. I was there from 2003 to 2006 and enjoyed all of it"

He retired from the Marines, after 28 years of service, and now works in Dallas an EMS Pilot.

Etp095 likes this.
  8. Timetron Jan 16, 2022

I also would like to have an example of this watch, but after reading the posts here, the question is: to buy or not to buy the X-33...

9. DRich17 Aug 10, 2022

Any further update on the ultimate resolution (or not) of this X-33 (Gen. 2) Servicing / Synchronization issue?