Forums Latest Members
  1. xanx Jan 3, 2014

Hi all

Massive long shot but really keen on trying to locate one of the wood boxes that come with some of the high end Omega's..... Drop me a PM if you've got one!:)

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 4, 2014

Ced B likes this.
  3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 11, 2014

4. xanx Jan 11, 2014

Thanks mate!!!

iv seen a few on eBay now but I'm very cautious of those from the east for obvious reasons :)

thanks for for that link!:)

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 11, 2014

:)...... I would bet almost all famous brand watch boxes are made in east (either China, HongKong or Taiwan).
    I believe these boxes are what they called "export excess". When a brand principal ordered certain items to these factories, say 10,000 pieces, the factory would produce 10,500 to 11,000 to anticipate QC reject . After final inspection only the best 10,000 exported to destination country. The excess in theory should be destroyed, but in reality there are grey market for this excess items. Some have slight defect but most in perfect condition.
    In Indonesia there are several shop that specialize in selling these excess export garments & apparel.
    Sadly these excess export watch boxes are often leveraged by fake watches seller to increase their value.

6. xanx Jan 13, 2014

Wow I had never realised! thanks for the informative post it's most helpful.

i guess that broadens my potential choice somewhat! Thanks again