Forums Latest Members

Omega Watch Resource; Information, Service/repairs & Parts Suppliers

1. himmelblau Mar 29, 2011

Various resources where you can find out information about Omega and Omega watch models:

__________________________________________________________________________________

Below is a list of watchmakers who service and repair Omega watches that I have used and can recommend. I will add to this list, as people supply the names of watchmakers that they have used and also recommend:

Australia
    Canada

Hong Kong

Netherlands

UK

USA

__________________________________________________________________________________

Omega part suppliers:

Autralia
    UK

• Cousins UK Note Cousins do not sell to the general public, you have to create an account and order online
    USA

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 9, 2011

Hey Brian. I've added Brisbane Vintage Watches here, and a link to Ofrei. Hope you don't mind the edit.

3. ulackfocus Aug 3, 2011

Nesbits will still service Omega but I think they lost their official status. Womble Watch Works in Georgia also does Omega work.

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 7, 2011

Thanks. Added Womble to the list.

5. Tempus Suisse Nov 4, 2011

very useful thread

6. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 8, 2012

There are 3 in Adeleide I know of amd Ill likely send work to to 2 this year. Ill will report back. I have used one already, who broke a crystal and then tried to replace with non gen. That said, on another occasion they were able to immediately identify that my problem with a crown stem was not significant as the watch in question had a split stem and were able to fix on the spot and didnt charge me for it.

7. 124watchfan Mar 10, 2012

Al jensky with Archer watch service Canada does good work and gives great watchmaker input on WUS omega. Posts as Archer. No personal experience with him but several members of various forums have used him and are satisfied customers.

8. ulackfocus Mar 10, 2012

Al also posts as Archer on TimeKeeperForum too. He does do very good work.

9. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux Mar 21, 2012

10. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 21, 2012

11. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Aug 6, 2013

Perhaps add www.speedytuesday.com as well. A selection of all Speedy Tuesday topics on the Fratello blog, covering a lot of different vintage and modern Speedmasters.

12. mojothewolf Jul 23, 2014

I have found Ancient and Modern in Barnet North London who are an official omega service centre to be very good and sympathetic in their work to older timepieces, they totally rebuilt my 2998-1 speedy and happily used parts I obtained from Achim here on this site, Watch now works perfectly and looks beautiful
    www.clock-watches.co.uk

Grant

trioli_l likes this.
  13. JonW Plongeur Professionnel de Bureaux Jul 23, 2014

For those who havent noticed or are new to this hobby, we should bear in mind that the repairer landscape is about to change significantly with Omega not allowing anyone to have spare parts after 2017. That means the only places you can get a watch repaired, unless the watchguy (or you) already have the spares in stock, is the approved repairers. Yes that is a seen as a 'restrictive practice' and potentially illegal in many countries but no one can/will fight it from what I see. And... worse still for us is that older models will always now have to go back to Bienne as the main country repairers are no longer allowed to fix them. That's not totally new s most couldnt do it anyway, but no even STS in the UK cannot service a PloProf now. There is some good news in the UK in that STS's sister company SwissTec has been given the go ahead to provide assistance using the parts they already have in stock. Superb news for anyone with an early quartz, LED or hummer as Omega wont touch them back at base effectively killing them off, so we who love those watches are very lucky indeed.

So, we should add SwissTec to this list and be prepared to overhaul our mental list of overhaulers soon... FWIW I currently have a watch with SwissTec and will report back on how it works out...

14. M.D. Jul 25, 2014

Any watch maker recommendations for Manhattan or Northern New Jersey?

15. Co- Axial Aug 13, 2014

From what I have heard on the Watchmakers grapevine and from the few watch spare parts suppliers that are left is that spare parts will stop from Dec 2015.

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 13, 2014

Yea its been discussed in a lot of threads here of you search a bit, my understanding is that Omega certified / approved watchmakers are still going to have parts access, which includes some of the independents on this site.

17. jrpippen Feb 7, 2015

I Use Swiss Time Services.

18. moontag Jun 30, 2015

thanks - awesome resource! :thumbsup:

19. 2ar2c1 Oct 1, 2015

Dalton T is no longer with ABC.

Etp095 likes this.
  20. PatrickJ Oct 8, 2015

Thanks so much for this

Thegreatroberto likes this.