Forums Latest Members
  1. Ralf Dec 26, 2013

Hello,
    I'm in need of a good shop to service and repair my Omega Speedmaster here in NYC. I hope someone has a good and proven recommendation for me.
    Thank you!
    Cheers and Happy New Year.
    Ralf OSM 1.jpg

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 26, 2013

Steve in Jersey, N2FHL here, did a full service on my cal 861 chronograph with parts and did a great job. I would recommend him for any 321/861/1861 work.
    What are you looking to have done?

3. Ralf Dec 26, 2013

Thank you UncleBuck,
    the watch needs to be cleaned, lubed, adjusted for running about 4 minutes fast in 24h, the chrono button popped of a couple of days ago, new glass and a new seals.
    I could bring it to Omega but thought to ask the community for their thoughts first.

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 26, 2013

Ralf, you can't go wrong with Steve.
    Omega has a flat rate + fee's structure and pay no attention to originality. I bet they would cost $800-1000 or more. They are generally used only when they monopolize certain parts or services.
    Although things can happen, I feel everyone here would agree that your money is better spent and that you are better off in the hands of a top independent watchmaker that will follow your implicit instructions.
    I have trust in Steve, also, Al Archer here, is top rated but I haven't personally used him. I don't know of others in NY but I'm sure they are there. Your needs are straightforward and you would be in good hands (We believe!).
    As Don the Legend said, "It's a mystery world out there, baby, don't you know". He was talking about golf but it also holds true for watches.

5. Ralf Dec 28, 2013

Thank you, UncleBuck! Happy New Year.

UncleBuck likes this.