Forums Latest Members
  1. Kcarr May 8, 2016

hello everyone.

Here I have a piece I found in my loft when clearing through family items.

Not a great deal of info other than its old.

Any info on the model and age would be great and also anywhere to get services in uk.

It's still fully working and it's a wind up.

Many thanks I look forward to your knowledge

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 8, 2016

3. Kcarr May 8, 2016

Thankyou for your reply but it won't let me post a reply to the page.

I understand on here you get many first time posters asking the same so I shall ask where's best for me to post.

Kind regards for your time

4. Willem023 May 8, 2016

Hi Kcarr, welcome!
    What @efauser means with his link, is that we are more than able and willing to help anyone with answering questions on their watches.
    The only thing we generally ask of people, is to do some research themselves too, so in that way to add to the shared knowledge on this forum.

Otherwise, some people (I do) feel a bit like a 'grab and go' place. Nothing wrong with that as such, but we like to think that everyone has to chip-in to strengthen the knowledge-base of this place.

So: what have you discovered yourself yet on this watch? Googled 'Omega vintage stainless steel' and all that? What have you found out?

Good hunting!

W

efauser likes this.
  5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 8, 2016

There are several good places to have your watch serviced in the UK. Several members of this forum are either qualified watchmakers or use one there. If you were to google British Horological Institute you would find this link: http://bhi.co.uk/find-a/how-to-find-a-professional/

Have the back opened by a competent professional and get a picture of the movement with the numbers on it clearly focused and the inside of the caseback, clearly focused.

I can assure you your watch is worth the investment in a service by a sympathetic competent watchmaker. Do not bother sending it to Omega. Do not use a regular jewelry store. Do not let anybody touch that dial or polish the case.

6. Kcarr May 8, 2016

I totaly understand. So far I have researched and found out that the strap is potentially a model 1037, which is no longer in production. I believe this is referred to as the 7-row BOR bracelet but I've also seen it referred to also as a 9-row bracelet, where the outer rows are included in the count.

I cannot find any dating info and I cannot find any other pics online of a watch that looks the same, I hope to take the back off but I don't want to break it.

I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what model or year it may be beforehand

Any further info apprwcaited

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 8, 2016

It's most likely manual-wind, 30mm movement series, (cal. 265, 266, etc). From the general style, I'd say right around 1950. Omega made dozens of different case styles of these, with each case style coming with several different dial and hand combinations. The possible combinations are in the tens of thousands, so please forgive the folks in this forum for not being able to exactly identify this particular model.

You'll need to follow the advice given above and get the case reference number from the inside of the caseback, the movement caliber and the serial numbers from the movement in order to narrow the possibilities down a bit.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

Kcarr likes this.
  8. Kcarr May 8, 2016

That is exactly what I was hoping for. Thankyou for your reply.

To be honest I'm unaware of the complexity of the models. I will take the back off and hopefully then will have more info.

Thankyou :)

9. Kcarr May 9, 2016

I am looking for someone around outside west London I did look at the website but was wondering if anyone knows someone in that area cheers