Forums Latest Members
  1. twistmeca Feb 25, 2013

Hi everyone.

Was hoping to get some help with a watch.

Friend of mine inherited this ladies and we are having a hard time figuring out the authenticity.

Its a vey small watch, only about 1" across the face. It says Omega, Automatic, De Ville, Dynamic, Swiss Made. The back has the DeVille stamped ont he back and Tool 102etched at the bottom. The band is an Omega. The Crown does not have the Omega stamp. The back screws off, but all that does is release the band. Don't see any way to get into the inside of the watch.

We set the time and date, works well. Second hand seems to work fine.

We looked on the Omega online database, using keywords, but could not find this exact watch.

Thanks in advance for the help.

photo.JPG photo-1.JPG

2. nsmike Feb 25, 2013

I believe it's a version of ST 565.0015 what looks like a screw back actually only secures the watch to the bracelet. The database is definitely incomplete particularly in respect to women's watches .

3. twistmeca Feb 25, 2013

Yeah I can't find an actual picture or any info about this watch, I assume its because its a ladies, or its not an Omega. I was thinking of purchasing this from him for my wife, but wanted to know what the general opinion is, if its authentic or not.

I know opening it up will give more info, but like I said before, I can't see any way of getting into it.

4. nsmike Feb 25, 2013

If you type that reference number into the Omega database it will pull up a picture of the strap version. It will also tell you that there were many dial variations. I don't believe I've seen a fake Ladies watch that wasn't a copy of a precious metal watch. Access to the movement is through the crystal.

5. mac_omega Feb 25, 2013

Hi,

looks legit to me - I do not doubt the authenticity.
    regards
    erich

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2013

It is a legitimate model & has a post 1972 logo on the back. As Erich says, your watch looks ok.