Forums Latest Members
  1. rowbotham2025 May 7, 2016

I am enquiring as to whether it is possible to identify the size of watch case required to fit an omega wrist watch just from its serial number, 9684207 and the number on the inside of the back case, 10466147. Is the only way to take measurements of the movement using digital calipers or can you identify caliber etc from the above information. I attach photos herewith which may assist. Any advice gratefully received.Brian.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! May 7, 2016

The caliber number under the balance will tell you... back when this caliber was new, it was defined by diameter in French lignes and then features.

Then you can convert to mm:

http://www.convertunits.com/from/line/to/mm

Tom

OMGRLX likes this.
  3. Tire-comedon First Globemaster May 7, 2016

When this caliber was produced, Omega already used millimeters. It is'a caliber 30mm.
    The ref on the caseback is a serial number. The only way to know the case size and design of the original would be to send both serial numbers to Omega museum for an extract of their archives. If it is in their archives, you'll have the reference of the case and, if someone has a similar ref or a catalogue showing it, you will have the info.
    Cost of the extract + several ifs, probably not worth it, IMHO.

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. dialstatic May 9, 2016

I suspect you'll find it's a 30T2 caliber, produced sometime during WWII.

5. Pvt-Public May 9, 2016

I'm betting the answer will be right about here,
    0a0af9ce35c6ac39e56befe5b2a2aa86.jpg