Forums Latest Members
  1. shoota70 Apr 24, 2018

Hello;

I have a small issue with a AD purchased watch still under Omega warranty.

If I go through the process of taking it into the boutique for a service, what happens next?

Will they send it in to be examined and then I will be able to decide if I want to go forward with the service? If I choose to not go forward, will they just send it back to me in the condition I sent it in as?

I basically don't want to pay for a full service on a brand new watch when it is just a small issue with a pusher, that most likely any competent local watch maker can rectify?

Thank you.

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Apr 24, 2018

If the issue with the pusher hasn't been caused by abuse Omega will repair it under warranty.
    Why do you think they will want to charge you?

shoota70 likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 24, 2018

What is the watch, how long have you had it, and what is the problem?

4. shoota70 Apr 24, 2018

My concerns are probably misplaced and I see your point.

5. shoota70 Apr 24, 2018

Hi Al - 3576.50 date pusher not depressing. Date is clicking at midnight, but unable to correct via pusher. All other functions tip top. I pm'd you last week and you gave me some technical perspective. Thank you again.

I guess my debate is to simply take it to a local watchmaker and hopefully have it back in a day or two, or go through the what I assume is a much more lengthy and complicated warranty process with Omega.

Or even do nothing and live with it until years from now when it needs a full service.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 24, 2018

Unless your local watchmaker has access to parts, he may not be able to fix this. As I mentioned the correctors are a self contained unit, so if the spring inside is broken it must be replaced.

Personally I would have Omega fix it - no sense in paying to have something fixed that is still under warranty.

Cheers, Al

Foo2rama and shoota70 like this.