Forums Latest Members
  1. Benjo74 Dec 2, 2016

I'm not talking "side of the moon", I'm talking "dealer".

So, I'm about to buy my first Omega on Monday but not from an OB or AD. It's a grey dealer with positive reviews on various forums, but I don't know what the warranty status would be. I do plan to ask the dealer before I buy but I expect you guys will know the detail so I am hoping to pick your brains.

Can anyone tell me if the Omega manufacturers warranty follows e watch (from AD to grey dealer to me) or does it become invalid once the original purchaser (the grey dealer) sells it on?

I believe the grey dealer offers their own warranty but of course I would feel more comfortable if the manufacturers warranty was also valid.

Many thanks
    Ben

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 2, 2016

Depends on what you mean by "Grey Dealer". A true one like Jomashop will not be able to provide you with an Omega warranty.

But some of the resellers like Krinkely often have BNIB watches that do in fact have the Omega warranty (or they can source them for you).

cicindela likes this.
  3. Benjo74 Dec 2, 2016

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 2, 2016

If the Grey dealer buys the watch from an AD then it should have the correct cards stamped by the AD.
    These would accompany the watch when the dealer sells the watch, and the buyer gets the full Omega warranty.
    Omega warranties are valid until expiry whoever owns the watch.

5. Benjo74 Dec 2, 2016

That's what I was hoping, thanks. The dealer told me they just bought the watch this week so the warranty should only be a week old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Halldawg Dec 2, 2016

But they do have the Grey side and you probably should get it too. I will send you my address.

7. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 2, 2016

See my PM!

8. ac106 Dec 2, 2016

Where else would the gray dealer buy it from? Not being flip here. I thought that was how gray dealers acquired their stock...

Is there a third source outside of Omega directly and the AD network?

9. ohmzx Dec 2, 2016

Where do you plan to buy it from? Jomashop or authrnticwatch will not have omega warranty but have their internal warranty. No one knows how good they are I read some mixed review.

10. Benjo74 Dec 5, 2016

I picked up the watch this lunch time from Blowers. All round good experience for me, and just to confirm that the watch comes with the balance of the manufacturers warranty. In my case, the warranty was activated just over a week ago, so it is effectively a full manufacturers warranty. In addition, Blowers offer their own warranty in case any problems should arise.

Evidence below...
    [​IMG]

11. alam Dec 5, 2016

good looking warranty card! ....now, how about a watch picture?

:)

12. Benjo74 Dec 5, 2016

It's in my other thread, didn't want to over-do it, but since you asked...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ahartfie, Halldawg and alam like this.