Omega Warranty Card with wrong Date on it?

Hey, Im relatively new to watches and this is my first post in this forum, so im sorry in advance if this might be the wrong thread.
I am interested in buying a certain Speedmaster Reduced (3510.50.00) with the original box and papers.
One thing that throws me off though is, that according to the serialnumber (59XXXXXX) it should be from arround 1998 but on the warranty card it says 05.03.14 (see picture below)

upload_2023-5-12_1-19-20.png

Is it possible that the warranty card has been lost and a new one was issued by Omega?

I wouldn’t worry about the card—whether the watch is from 1998 or 2014, it’s well out of warranty, so that’s just a worthless piece of plastic. You can always source a blank one and write whatever date on it you want (which might be what this seller did.) In terms of valuing or authenticating the watch, this should have no bearing on your decision.

If you want, post some pics of the watch itself and the experts here might be able to offer guidance. If you have any doubts about the seller, keep looking. This isn’t a rare watch, so you should be able to find one that makes you comfortable.

PS. Omega wouldn’t issue a new later-dated warranty for an old watch, but I suppose it’s not inconceivable that a watch from the late 90s sat in a dealer case for 15+ years before selling—the card would be dated at the point of sale.

But again, easy to buy cards and boxes off eBay and create a “full set.” Doesn’t add any value to a watch like this. (Maybe with an older, rarer vintage piece it could.) The watches don’t come from the factory in those boxes—an “original” box just means the one the dealer grabbed from the stack in the back room. Definitely don’t pay a silly premium for a moldy old carton and an expired plastic card that may not even be legit anyway! Get the best watch you can from a seller who gives you nothing but good vibes.

I’m pretty sure that country code (5340) is for Japan, and they write dates as year, month, day.

So, that is March 14, 2005, not May 3, 2014.

Perfectly reasonable for a late 90s watch. Nothing to worry about.

I’m pretty sure that country code (5340) is for Japan, and they write dates as year, month, day.

So, that is March 14, 2005, not May 3, 2014.

Perfectly reasonable for a late 90s watch. Nothing to worry about.
Thanks for your reply!
Thats what i thought too at first but this model was only produced up until 2003, which still makes me question the warranty card.

I wouldn’t worry about the card—whether the watch is from 1998 or 2014, it’s well out of warranty, so that’s just a worthless piece of plastic. You can always source a blank one and write whatever date on it you want (which might be what this seller did.) In terms of valuing or authenticating the watch, this should have no bearing on your decision.

If you want, post some pics of the watch itself and the experts here might be able to offer guidance. If you have any doubts about the seller, keep looking. This isn’t a rare watch, so you should be able to find one that makes you comfortable.

Thank you for your advice on this!

The watch also comes with an Omega Service card from last year where it has been completely serviced and some parts have been replaced.(see picture below/blacked out by me)
upload_2023-5-12_3-5-1.png
The serialnumber on it checks out with the number on the watch so it seems legit, the only thing that throws me off is the date on the warranty card...

That service card is far more important and valuable than the old expired warranty, as it should entail a new 2-year service warranty—and it’s a guarantee of authenticity (essentially) from SWATCH itself. Good to have.

If the previous response re: Japanese date-writing customs holds true in this case, then the mystery is pretty well solved: the watch sold in 2005. Not at all hard to believe for a watch produced in the late 90s. I’ve bought watches that sat far longer in AD cases.

That service card is far more important and valuable than the old expired warranty, as it should entail a new 2-year service warranty—and it’s a guarantee of authenticity (essentially) from SWATCH itself. Good to have.

If the previous response re: Japanese date-writing customs holds true in this case, then the mystery is pretty well solved: the watch sold in 2005. Not at all hard to believe for a watch produced in the late 90s. I’ve bought watches that sat far longer in AD cases.

Oh ok, would have never thought that it could have sold in 2005 when it was produced in 1998. (sitting 7 Years in the case)

Thank you for taking the time and helping me out here 😀

Serial number charts are not that accurate, especially for a Speedmaster Reduced. It could easily be from 2002 and sold in 2005

I purchased the Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary edition on the Bond bracelet from an AD in 2003 or 2004. That specific version was only produced in 1998/1999. Later editions had a different bracelet. It happens all the time. Just enjoy your watch and don’t fret about how long it sat in the dealer’s case before selling 20 years ago.

I’ve personally had watches that sat in dealer cases for 9+ years.