Forums Latest Members
  1. nick221 Apr 9, 2021

Hey everybody I’m planning to join the omega club and the watch I’m interested in is the Ed white 39.7mm speedmaster that’s like 14k$, anyway I see that there is a waitlist for them and I’m curious as to how it works.

-if I add my name to the online waitlist will I just get an email when I can purchase one? Or is there other steps like going to an ad in person

-could anyone give me a rough estimate for the wait time for this watch or give me there wait time for another omega watch?

thanks and cheers

2. Rado63 Apr 9, 2021

Welcome to the club. From my experience, my local Omega AD has told me that they are not receiving that watch on a regular basis. The watch is wait listed on the Omega online purchase site. If you want one I would pursue the online site or talk to an Omega boutique. These watches may or may not be distributed by the boutiques to clients with a high purchase history first.

3. nick221 Apr 9, 2021

So if I just wait long enough will I eventually be sent an email saying they have one of theese watches for me to purchase online? Or is there still a purchase history required online since it is a sought after piece?Thanks for the response

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 10, 2021

Like any watch on a wait list. You put your name on the list and wait.
    I would visit a Omega boutique myself for a watch like this. Be advised they only make 2000 a year with that movement....and several on the list already.

5. nick221 Apr 10, 2021

thank you

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 10, 2021

Had a few knives made by custom makers that have taken 8-12 months and the wait is annoying but the final receiving and using is more joyful than buying and using any other knife readily available. ;)

wagudc likes this.
  7. abgul Apr 10, 2021

I’ve been on wait list with an AD for 6 months now. No info yet on when I might get delivery. Because they don’t know.

8. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 10, 2021

No clue how the online wait from Omega direct might work, but recent experience at my OB was like this, posting in case this gives any help to anyone:

A few weeks ago I chatted with my OB's main sales guy about the SS 321, though it's not really something I'm interested in, I was curious about it just in general. Because I picked up the 3861 in January, he extended an invitation to add me to their waitlist (specific to that location, I have to assume). He mentioned they were not otherwise accepting new names, and indicated around a year's wait.

He didn't give a number of how many are on the list, but said the total number isn't large. I have to assume it underscores that allocations per OB are pretty low.

Now when it was first announced, could anyone have approached this specific OB, without a purchase history, and been added to their list? No idea, but I'd guess not. Though I don't want to go down the Rolex AD parallels, but this kind of invitation makes business sense, to me at least. I don't think it's about being some version of a frequent flyer reward -- my purchase history isn't anything all that impressive -- but rather a "this guy here [me] walked in in January and in 5-mins put plastic down for a 3861". I think it's about them wanting to sell things quickly and easily to people they know, or presume to be, serious when the call comes.

BTW, I declined the invite.

9. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Apr 10, 2021