Forums Latest Members

Omega vs. Rolex: Warranty Observation

1. gbesq Jun 20, 2019

As I recall, both brands now offer a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty. I was just perusing both brands on Jomashop’s website and find it interesting that Joma’s “in house” warranty on Omega is 4 years vs. 2 years for Rolex. Not that I’d want to avail myself of Joma’s warranty service on any brand, but you do have to wonder what their rationale is for the difference in length of coverage. I’m well aware of Rolex’s reputation for quality (although I think Omega quality is on par) and value retention (better than Omega for most models), but I still give the nod to Omega both for value (quality vs. price) and style (HATE the Rolex cyclops).

2. Evitzee Jun 20, 2019

I don't think too many people decide to buy or not on Jomashop due to the length of the warranty. Why is there a discrepancy? Don't know, maybe just a decision by management for unknown (to us) rationale.

3. gbesq Jun 20, 2019

No doubt with regard to your comment. I just thought that it was an interesting discrepancy. One would think that the length of the grey market “warranty” would be the same for both brands.

4. ilayd Jun 20, 2019

If I had to take a completely wild guess, I think it may be harder for Jomashop to get replacement Rolex parts than for Omega, and they are probably expecting to have it even more difficult to do so once the watch is more than 2 years old.

5. Vega Mike Jun 21, 2019

Agree, that would also be my guess.