Forums Latest Members
  1. jharvie Dec 29, 2015

Dear All,

I'm in the market for a vintage Omega watch but if I'm honest I have no idea where to start! I particularly like the Seamaster's and wondered if anyone could recommend a stockist in London which I could visit to see the watches first hand and get some much needed guidance before making a purchase.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Jamie

2. GlenM Dec 29, 2015

There are a few vintage dealers in London, one on the Strand, one in Burlington Arcade.

However, my experience has been that you will get a much better deal, on a much better quality watch by browsing through the 'for sale' section on this forum.
    And of course, feel free to ask for information and advice about the particular models you like (for example, are you looking for a dress watch or a dive watch?)

3. jharvie Dec 29, 2015

I'm in the market for a vintage dress watch to mark my thirtieth birthday. Finally after three years in the making I'm step closer to making the purchase having set my sights on an Omega.

4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 29, 2015

The Burlington arcade is a fun place to see various examples to see what they look like on the flesh, but they are way overpriced relative to what you can get in the sales section here. If you see anything on eBay, be sure to get it checked out here first as there is a lot of rough with the smooth on there.

Thegreatroberto likes this.
  5. bigdubnick Dec 29, 2015

+1 on checking the For Sale section here - and there are more than enough enablers to help you find the right watch.