Forums Latest Members
  1. Rman Jan 24, 2016

I've tried, I really have. The database is so dysfunctional I can't take it any more. :taunt:

I posted a nice request on their contact us page and I'm hoping if more people write in they will acknowledge the demand.

So please request an improvement in the interface if you have the time.

https://www.omegawatches.com/myomega/contact-us/

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

You can also try this website:

http://naligazone.com/index.php/data-watch/omega

This is based on an older version of the Omega database with additional model information that sadly Omega has chosen to delete from the current version.

Sorry I couldn't find link this last night when you PM'd me about this subject.

I wouldn't hold my breath about Omega changing it's website. For them, it's about maximizing sales of new watches. It's what they are in business to do.
    gatorcpa

Rman likes this.
  3. Rman Jan 24, 2016

I know it's not a democracy, but some of us buy new and old watches.
    Never hurts to ask, right?

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

No, but plenty have asked before only to be politely ignored.

Just don't want you go get your hopes up.
    gatorcpa

5. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 24, 2016

Your best bet is to ask the members of the forum. If you plan on getting seriously into Omega, I would highly recommend AJTT. Although not complete, it is a very good resource.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

Omega doesn't sell vintage watches, nor do they make any money when you buy one :D

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 24, 2016

No, but they clean up if your not bright enough to heed the warnings not to have them service one.

8. Rman Jan 24, 2016

Hi Joe, I've been looking for a copy.
    Cheers

9. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 24, 2016

Any thoughts on where I can find a copy? I have been looking and I'm not quite ready to take the copy at the local Omega Boutique.

10. Rman Jan 24, 2016

Hi Steve, with all due respect I understand Omega doesn't make money on vintage watches unless they service them. They do have a museum department and a vintage database that could be drastically improved. I guess I was foolish to assume others hadn't tried to nudge them into action.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

My post was not an insult to you or your correct understanding and had nothing to do with service. It was a statement that acknowledged that Corporate, in the big building accross the street, does not care. They are focused on the volume sales of new expensive watches, as Gator said.

12. Rman Jan 24, 2016

I got your point. It's funny, I'm usually the cynic when it comes to discussions of corporate values. However, I've just had an experience with Vacheron that makes me think we could have much higher expectations. They were incredibly communicative, friendly, and shared the goal of the most sympathetic restoration imaginable.!

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

The folks in the big building smile a lot, it's what they do.;)

14. Rman Jan 24, 2016

I hear you Omega gurus.
    Expectations are definitely down.:unsure:

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

Please don't missunderstand, while I have low expectations I keep trying.

16. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 24, 2016

Not sure where to find one. I bought mine on Amazon a few years ago. You may want to try posting a WTB on watch forums, or maybe search used book engines like bookfinder and alibris ?

17. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 24, 2016

Please see my comment to Rman above.

18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

Contact Darren @DLT222 He has found and sold scores of them on the forum. Getting tougher though.

19. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

My comments above was not meant to apply to all watch companies, just Omega.

In fact, Longines (a corporate sibling to Omega) has one of the best vintage departments around and will be happy to provide all the information on your vintage Longines via email for free. They'll even send you a extract from the archives, also at no cost.

https://www.longines.com/#!/customer-service/services/certificate-of-authenticity

On the other side of the coin, Rolex would just give you a haughty sniff at the request for any information regarding one of their vintage watches.

Every company has a different culture.
    gatorcpa

20. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 24, 2016

Longines charges $75.00