Forums Latest Members

Omega vintage constellation de luxe ref. 14398. Help !!

1. PlutosOne Mar 20, 2016

I got this beautiful Watch from my Father. It is a Vintage Omega solid gold 18 k with a brick bracelet from 1960. My father died sadly 2 Month ago and i got it from him. My biggest Problem now is that the watch is way to big for me. I was in an watch shop and the guy had no experience about this brick bracelet. Now is coming my question is there any possibility to make the bracelet smaller because there are not the typical points to open it. Does anybody have experience with bracelets like this ? I really want to wear this watch. The second thing is that on the one site of the bracelet the bricks are together really abnormal they are so strong together i cant open them anymore like they are glued together. I put some pictures inside that everybody understand what i mean. I'm sorry for my English. I'm from Germany and try my best to explain it as good as possible. Please help me somebody. greetings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Mar 21, 2016
    GregH and chronos like this.
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 20, 2016

Hello and welcome
    Your pictures didn't show, so pls try again

PlutosOne likes this.
  3. PlutosOne Mar 21, 2016

Yes thanks now I fixed them

4. cimo Mar 21, 2016

Beautiful piece. My condolences on the loss of your father. Could you upload a photo of the side of the bracelet? It looks like there may be a pin about three links down from the bottom of the watch. Perhaps it is removable?

5. PlutosOne Mar 21, 2016

Yes you are right there are 2 pins left so i can make it a little bit more smaller but it is still to big. So i have to bring it to someone who works with gold and he cut it or buying a new bracelet ?! But the problem is a new bracelet will be 5 k and that's way to much for me. Lol

6. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 21, 2016

Nur zum Spass... ;)

[​IMG]

cicindela and STANDY like this.
  7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 21, 2016

To shorten this bracelet further you're going to have to cut it which is not advisable.

PlutosOne likes this.
  8. toddle321 Mar 21, 2016

Great heirloom! Maybe save the bracelet and purchase a nice leather strap to wear it?

9. Pahawi Mar 21, 2016

From the pics, the whole thing looks like it has been used A LOT, resulting in some of the links becoming so loose, it might have been safer to solder them together. A good goldsmith should be able to shorten it, but be aware that there will not be a way back to the current length….

PlutosOne likes this.
  10. PlutosOne Mar 21, 2016

Thank you guys for all the answers. I have to sleep some nights over it. i think i will cut it because i know i dont get bigger but if this would happen i can buy later in my life a new bracelet for the watch. Selling is no option its my fathers watch and i will give this one day to my kids. I think i will also let it polishing and open it if something have to get replaced plus the glas of the watch i maybe replace but i dont want to do to much, it takes the old 60 flavour away. greetings to you guys

11. PlutosOne Mar 21, 2016

Danke :confused::) Ich werde mal darüber nachdenken hahahaha

12. Jminchoi Mar 21, 2016

I think that pairing the watch with a nice brown strap, perhaps a croc or a horween leather strap from Nomos might suit it well and avoid the Mafioso look. In any case, sorry about your loss.