Forums Latest Members
  1. VintageGuy Apr 7, 2016

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase an Omega 2505 / 30T2 or 255 in the 38mm size. I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of questions.

In regards to water resistance - would these watches be suitable as a daily wearer? I don't mean wearing it in the shower or anything, just the occasional splash from washing my hands in a basin or an unexpected rain shower.

Also what is a fair price for this model in good condition? I have seen a few listed for around $1000 USD is this too expensive?

If anyone has one they are currently selling please let me know :)

Cheers,

Henry

2. NT931 Apr 7, 2016

Hi Henry,
    yep, daily wearer is fine, but I'm cautious and I generally don't get them wet. And yeah $1000 is a tad rich...

If you'd like, I was thinking of moving my 2505 on. I bought it from a forum member, and it's serviced, and it's 38mm. PM me if you'd like to know more - happy to help out!

3. VintageGuy Apr 8, 2016

4. VintageGuy Apr 8, 2016

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if I could get some advice on this watch. I'm thinking of purchasing it and just want to make sure it's a genuine one and also the price is fair. It is advertised for 800EUR. All opinions most welcome :)

Cheers!

Henry image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

5. DON Apr 8, 2016

Crown wrong, wrong hands and redial

DON

6. VintageGuy Apr 8, 2016

Thanks DON. I'm pretty new to vintage watch buying - would you say due to these facts that this isn't a good watch to purchase?

Cheers!

7. DON Apr 8, 2016

To be honest. I think a lot of these Omegas are overpriced. Before I stopped buying (when my watch maker passed away around 2008). Pretty much most of the models I was buying were way under $200.

Now people are asking double the price of fair condition watches of what I was selling restored watches for. I see Omega on the dials and sellers see Rolex

Even today. I wouldn't think of buying that watch if offered to me for $300 (sorry)

Look at this one. Same problem, but it's in a larger case. Yours is a 37.5 mm. This one is a much rarer 39.7 mm (another rare model was 39 mm. This one is actually classified at 40 mm with 19 mm space between lugs (same as 39 mm).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-40-mm-...214372?hash=item2a63561d24:g:AZcAAOSwZ8ZW57GoPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

$888.00 or make an offer. Try $700.00 (cite poor redial and incorrect hands). Never know. Might go for it.

Seller is in Romania, but has good sales feedback. I have it book marked, but not bidding on it and not making any offers.

Use insured shipping option if you buy. You can get the dial redone and look for proper hands.

DON