Forums Latest Auctions Members

Omega USA quartz 2264.50 service cost, Anyone have this done?

1. ace666

ace666 Aug 15, 2019 3:23pm

i have a seamaster 300m 2264.50 Quartz that needs a battery change, simple enough but I wanted to get some minor nicks and dings out of the bezel and case.

Is it better to have them refinish the case or does it become over polished. The case is a mix of Matte and polished surfaces? Do they refinish the brushed surface of the bracelet?

What do the charge for an “overhaul” even if all they are doing is changing a battery and polishing the case?
    Thanks.

Edited Aug 15, 2019 3:35pm
  2. ace666

ace666 Aug 15, 2019 3:32pm

Whoops, just found it on the web, they want $450.

Might need to whip out the dremal...what would you use on the bracelet to restore the Matte finish, (steel wool?)

3. Lurk41

Lurk41 Aug 15, 2019 3:46pm

They also replace the hands, all the seals, the pushers if it is a chronograph, crystal if hesalite, and maybe the crown (not sure about that one). I heard that sometimes for quartz they change the whole movement to update it to its latest revision, but it is better to let expert confirm that.
    The service comes with a 2-year warranty.

The refinish is well done, no issue with the different surfaces. Deep scratches are left to avoid any overpolish of the watch. Bracelet is polished too. It won't become overpolished with only one full service by Omega. Just do not service it every year during 50 years..

Also, be aware that if last service was done by Omega, you can ask for a partial service. In that case they'll take the watch, inspect it and give you a price.

connieseamaster likes this.
  4. ace666

ace666 Aug 15, 2019 3:52pm

Thanks!
    Thanks. !

5. padders

padders Aug 15, 2019 11:43pm

Don’t expect miracles. They will refinish it but don’t routinely laser weld so If the bezel is badly damaged then they may quote for a new bezel in addition to the service fee. That’s not cheap, like $200-250 extra. Damage to the aluminium insert can’t be improved at all and this can’t be replaced separately from the bezel.