Forums Latest Members

Omega USA quartz 2264.50 service cost, Anyone have this done?

1. ace666 Aug 15, 2019

i have a seamaster 300m 2264.50 Quartz that needs a battery change, simple enough but I wanted to get some minor nicks and dings out of the bezel and case.

Is it better to have them refinish the case or does it become over polished. The case is a mix of Matte and polished surfaces? Do they refinish the brushed surface of the bracelet?

What do the charge for an “overhaul” even if all they are doing is changing a battery and polishing the case?
    Thanks.

Edited Aug 15, 2019
  2. ace666 Aug 15, 2019

Whoops, just found it on the web, they want $450.

Might need to whip out the dremal...what would you use on the bracelet to restore the Matte finish, (steel wool?)

3. Lurk41 Aug 15, 2019

They also replace the hands, all the seals, the pushers if it is a chronograph, crystal if hesalite, and maybe the crown (not sure about that one). I heard that sometimes for quartz they change the whole movement to update it to its latest revision, but it is better to let expert confirm that.
    The service comes with a 2-year warranty.

The refinish is well done, no issue with the different surfaces. Deep scratches are left to avoid any overpolish of the watch. Bracelet is polished too. It won't become overpolished with only one full service by Omega. Just do not service it every year during 50 years..

Also, be aware that if last service was done by Omega, you can ask for a partial service. In that case they'll take the watch, inspect it and give you a price.

connieseamaster likes this.
  4. ace666 Aug 15, 2019

Thanks!
    Thanks. !

5. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 15, 2019

Don’t expect miracles. They will refinish it but don’t routinely laser weld so If the bezel is badly damaged then they may quote for a new bezel in addition to the service fee. That’s not cheap, like $200-250 extra. Damage to the aluminium insert can’t be improved at all and this can’t be replaced separately from the bezel.

6. saulgoodman Sep 11, 2019

I'd like to revive this recent thread to ask a question. Do Omega quartz watches really need servicing? I read that the gears should be oiled every 8 to 10 years but Omega charges a ton for the full monty! If the service is recommended can any competent watchmaker do it? My 2264.50 is 21 years old and it has never been serviced. Am I alone?

7. ace666 Sep 11, 2019

I sent mine in recently more to get the case and band refinished and the battery replaced aling with any gaskets for waterproofing. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Otherwise, a quartz watch runs or doesn’t run. Nothing to fix, just swap out movements when it breaks.

8. saulgoodman Sep 11, 2019

Thanks, I tend to agree with you, but I'm no expert so I thought I would ask. The article I read stated that high end quartz watches need their gears lubricated from time to time - Don't we all! - I service my mechanical watches regularly but never thought much about servicing a quartz. I posted a question elsewhere about pressure checking the watch every time the battery is changed and the consensus was yes, do this. I am taking mine in to my local guy tomorrow for a pressure check and I will also ask him about the oil. The problem is that not many people work with quartz watches.

Enjoy your 2264.50, I love mine!