Forums Latest Members
  1. michael e Still learning. Nov 6, 2013

Hi all.
    I have just receive this nice watch this morning.
    Looking at the Omega database it says US ARMY. I have seen the US Army watch before which had "US Army engraved on the back, this watch however does not.
    Is the model generally called the US Army?
    Also the database states>
    Caliber number: 30 T2 SC
    Special high precision adjustment of the movement (like a chronometer)
    16 jewels
    Central sweep-second hand.
    Does anybody know what this special high precision adjustment of the movement is?
    Thanks Mick
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

adam78, rhetoric and Tire-comedon like this.
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Nov 6, 2013

3. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Nov 6, 2013

I fell in love with this dial! After hands reluming, it will be an amazing watch.
    Sorry I have no clue on the US Army ref.

4. trim Nov 6, 2013

Lovely.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 6, 2013

Yes, although it is unlikely that all versions were issued by the US Army. Unless the caseback is marked, one should assume that they are civilian market pieces.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that extra time was taken by Omega to perform chronometer testing on military watches. However, because this extra work was by agreement between Omega and the US Army, there was no outside (COSC) certification as chronometers.

In fact Omega did not do any outside chronometer testing on consumer watches until 1951, I believe. This explains why chronometer grade Omegas made before this date do not have "Officially Certified" on the dial.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

watchyouwant likes this.
  6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 6, 2013

It's a nice watch with an attractive dial. I've had a few of these come and go the past 5 years and ended up keeping the nicest condition piece that I've spotted - a local sale and price was good for the seller but not for me! I appreciate the us army designation for this watch but for me the condition is more important.

7. michael e Still learning. Nov 7, 2013

As always great information. Thank you all.
    I love the dial on these watches, the way the numbers change direction around the dial is a nice feature. The watch is running like a dream too.
    The hands will stay as they are, the radium is a lot different in colour but I don't mind them, A nice watch for my small collection I think.
    All the best Mick

8. The Master of Speed Nov 7, 2013